Water and Nausea

slimmingsammy
on 8/2/11 11:39 pm

This week I've been trying to drink more water.  The problem is when I drink it, I ger nauseaus.  Can anyone tell me why and what I should do about it? 

Samantha

HW: 396 VSG: 7/5/11: 388 lbs.
justeric78
on 8/2/11 11:53 pm - Houston, TX
Try drinking a little less at a time and just sip every few minutes. I start feeling sick if I take in to much at once or to quickly.

kanga003
on 8/3/11 12:16 am
I wouldn't stress abou****er... if you have something else that goes down easier, stick to it :-)

I have heard a lot of people who just plain don't like plain water for a while...

Good luck!!!
Ms. Poker Face
on 8/3/11 12:37 am
Play around with the temp of what you drink.  Some sleeves prefer cold liquids, others room temp, others warm.

Also, I found that mornings would be worse for nausea for me and I think I was mildly dehydrated.  If you aren't totally over the possibility of being mildly dehydrated, then really push the fluids to get over that hump.

Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

RigbyMom
on 8/3/11 4:52 am - AL
Plain water is yucky to me now(loved it before surgery).  It makes me want to gag!  I am all about some Crystal Light or decaf tea!  It counts as water!  Oh, and it has to be ICE COLD!!

sweaver
on 8/3/11 7:22 am

Try drinking something warm.. I am 7 months out and I just barely got to where I can drink cold water.... for the first several months I drank alot of warm decaf green tea.... That was really what saved me because cold water or anything made me nauseaus..... It was horrible.... but warm decaf tea was fine.... Try it and see if it will work for ya.... Good luck....

Stacey :}
"With God all things are possible."  Matthew 19:26

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views