Teeny bit of a BM problem

kittenlily
on 8/16/11 11:46 am - WV
Hey guys!

I wanted to know if this is normal or not.

I'm 6 days out from surgery and just had my JP removed today. It's really sore and it's tough to move but it has allowed me to start going #2 with no problems.

Since it was removed, I'd had two really big poos with a lot of gas passing. It's an urgent situation and more like diarrhea than solid. What bothers me is when I wipe, there's a tiny bit of fresh red blood on the TP. Not enough to say I'm bleeding but enough to be worried. Is this from the stress of the JP removal and tough BMs together? Perhaps something else? OH! I also stopped the liquid Lortab today as well.

Is this a 911 type of situation or a call to surgeon's office tomorrow instead?

If you need more details, lemme know. :)
SassyItalian
on 8/16/11 11:56 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
of course first and foremost always call your doc and surgeon if you are concerned about anything..

passing gas is normal, you were shot full of air and it needs to come out! If you strained at all then having a little bit of frank blood is normal. if it continues, freak out~! lol. but my guess its its normal from straining. also, the anesthesia along with liquids does weird things to the bowels...some are constipated then have diarrhea often. They say liquids in, liquids out!

But alas, always call and confirm with your doc!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Jan G.
on 8/16/11 12:08 pm - WI
Well your surgeon probably has a doc on call, so whenever in doubt, do not wait CALL. Again this on call doc would know what seems "normal" BM and what is not.

Hopefully it will not be significant. Glad your JP is out and you are on your healthy way.

HUGS and continued good healing on your way~ Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

QueenBeeFla
on 8/17/11 5:12 am
Hi, I was sleeved Monday and just experienced the same thing. I called the nurse and she said it's expected since the blood vessels in our stomachs were cut. The blood was going to drain in the JP or come out in our stools. She did say that if it didn't stop by tomorrow to call her so I could be seen.

HTH

HW:439 DOS: 417 Left Hospital: 420 GW: 165    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views