Did I do THAT?!? In THREE MONTHS!?!?

Sunkissedsgrho
on 9/4/11 4:23 pm - LA
Hi OH friends! Wow, TWO posts from me in less than a week! Gotta be a record! LOL Anyway, the last time I posted, I was lingering over the same few pounds...331lbs up to 334lbs and sometimes 337lbs... I was disgusted but DETERMINED to see at least 329lbs by Sunday... Well, it didn't quite turn out as planned.... Let me explain...

I have been swelling and retaining fluid like crazy! This past Wednesday and Thursday, my feet looked like I was 11 months pregnant! They were huge and puffy! So on Thursday, I told my mom and she gave me something to help release the fluid. By that night, I was using the bathroom almost every hour! LOL I probably peed a gallon of pee! (yeah, TMI... SORRY! LOL) So Friday, I continued to pee.... Friday night, I took more meds and I continued to pee!! It was ridiculous! LOL BUT it worked! When I weighed Saturday morning, I weighed (drumroll please) 320lbs!!! Yes, I lost 14lbs, making that a total of 65lbs in THREE MONTHS!!! And what's crazy is my scale has been teasing me! I weighed today and the scale said 315!! I almost fainted! But I weighed again after I worked out (yes, I'm a chronic weigher) and it's back up to 320. I know I couldn't have possibly gotten down to 315lbs already, but I'm not discouraged. I know can't possible gain and lose like that, so I'm gonna go with 320lbs and be happy with that....for now!!!

So, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! I'm about 21lbs from twoderland!! Ooooweeeeeeeee! I can't wait!

I'm loving my sleeve, and I'M LOVING MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!
....just your classic story of an overweight beauty who's looking for a change!!         
Janelle L.
on 9/4/11 6:52 pm - Lakeland, FL
If you body is retaining that much fluid there is usually a reason for it. I would talk with your doctor and soon! Increased fluid retention can be a sign your kidneys aren't  functioning properly and over use of diuretics can lead to all sorts of problems. Glad you are losing weight, but  be safe!!!
  "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
  HW 375. CW 296 GW 200

Sunkissedsgrho
on 9/21/11 6:33 am - LA
Thanks so much for the concern. I never thought about my kidneys acting up... I used to always retain fluid, so I just assumed it was just how my body is... But that was during my time of the month so that's probably why I had so much fluid retention. So far, it hasn't come back, but I am keeping a close watch on the swelling. But I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention. My 5 month check up is next month, so whether swelling is there or not, I'm gonna ask my doc about it.

Thanks again!!
LabMomma
on 9/4/11 9:30 pm
VSG on 09/27/10 with
Sunkissed, please don't ignore Janelle's advice!! She is absolutely right. Unless this was related to your period, retaining this amount of water is a sign that something is going on that needs to be fixed. Get to the doctor, OK?

Sunkissedsgrho
on 9/21/11 6:35 am - LA
Advice taken! :O) I am gonna check with my doc when I go back in Oct. It was during my TOM, so that MAY have been the problem, but I'll know for sure when I go next month.

Thanks for the advice though! :o)
Marie B.
on 9/4/11 9:56 pm - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
 Congratulations on the weight loss sweetie!  It does feel soooo good to see the scale go down!  And you're doing so well.  Do consult your doctor about the fluid retention though, your kidneys are important, so is your heart.  Take good care of them both!  Can't wait to see your continues success!
Marie
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

Sunkissedsgrho
on 9/21/11 6:38 am - LA
I will be taking ya'lls advice. It didn't even occur that it could be my kidneys! So yes ma'am, I'll be talking to my doc about this when I go for my check up. The fluid hasn't build up since then, but I'm still gonna get checked out.

Thanks!!
rosapain
on 9/4/11 10:05 pm - Amityville, NY
Hi Sunkiss I agree with Janelle please
speak with your doctor and take care of yourself.Try weighting yourself before a work out you are heavyer after a work out.Congrat on all your success
Sunkissedsgrho
on 9/21/11 6:40 am - LA
Thanks for the concern! I will be getting a check up in Oct to find out what's going on. I'm hoping it was just from my TOM... But I'll be sure to find out before it's too late to do anything about it.

Thanks again!
teetee126
on 9/5/11 5:33 am
Man you are so close! Get ready because baby girl when you hit them two's you going to be feeling a whole diffrent type of sexy! lmao and try not to shop too much because your going to loose more! I'm happy for ya!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views