heading to Mexicali for facelift and armlift today

SoonSkinnyDonna
on 9/18/11 12:35 am - Dana Point, CA
 so - here I am - doing another surgery - and this one is really optional - I keep feeling shallow and vain that I am spending money when others are homeless on looking better....but then when I look in the mirror and see the saggy jowls and try to cover the saggy arms - it is something I really want to fix.  Hopefully I wont' look like a freak afterwards or have some weird problem where I'm now paralized or something....the old fear of what if takes over about once every four hours....so thought I'd post on here as this site has always helped me through in the past!  and tips will be appreciated
SoonSkinnyDonna

HW 255 SW 240 CW 158
-- & lookin good! next goal - no flabby skin?

MyOwnSunshine
on 9/18/11 12:50 am
Good luck!  Be sure to report back on your experience.  That's probably where I will go for a tummy tuck and breast lift after I lose weight, if I can scrape up the money.

Best wishes!
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 12:58 am - MI
After having my vsg there I would not hesitate to go back. Who is doing your surgery? Was the price a lot better than the USA? Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.
SoonSkinnyDonna
on 9/18/11 1:04 am - Dana Point, CA
 I had my VSG in the states and then my husband went to Aceves and the difference in quality of care was amaziing - plus half the cost - the Almater hospital was terrific and so I knew I had no qualms about going back there for my plastic surgery - Dr Aceves staff recommended Dr Bello for facelift - he is there at the same hospital - my total price for face, eyes, neck, chin and then arm lifts will be again about half what I would be paying to do it all here in Calif.  I hate to quote a number because it probably depends upon each person's situation but you can take pics of your spots to be fixed and email them to the doctor and he will be able to call you with an estimate.  Good luck to us both!

SoonSkinnyDonna

HW 255 SW 240 CW 158

AllaP
on 9/18/11 1:00 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Best wishes. Good for you. Go for beauty all the way. 

If you don't mind where you go, who's the doctor and how much you're paying?

Thanx,
Alla
SoonSkinnyDonna
on 9/18/11 1:09 am - Dana Point, CA
 Dr, Manuel Bello - and my total comes to just under $10K..but it depends upon how much stuff you are doing - 
SoonSkinnyDonna

HW 255 SW 240 CW 158

Kitty1975
on 9/18/11 1:23 am - Canada
Good luck! I am so jelaous i need a tummy tuck in the worst way since thats where most of my weight was. Hopefully some day i can afford it

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
loverofcats
on 9/18/11 1:24 am
Is he also doing your arms? Where is Dr. Bello located?
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 2:11 am
No tips from me, though I'm sending good wishes your way!

Please stay in touch or PM me with your thoughts/results.. I know that after all this comes off, my arms are in the #1 slot to get done, as I can't hide them.. the rest, possibly.. depending on the $$ side of things. I had a wonderful exp at Almater, and if Dr. Bello is really good, I wouldn't hesitate to travel back again for plastics.. 
KathyA999
on 9/18/11 3:52 am
Interesting info!  I will need arms and tummy eventually, although I have kind of vowed not to have any additional surgery for a long while.  I'm done with the medical community for a while, LOL!

I agree that Almater was a wonderful experience.  How long will you be there post-op?  What about follow-up appointments, stitch removal (if any), etc etc.  I don't know much about plastics or what-all is involved.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views