Making myself crazy

Lynn M.
on 9/19/11 6:44 am
I had surgery on the September 24th.  I have been a stickler about drinking the right amount of fluid.  I graduated to cream soups and yogurt yesterday.  One hour ago I had a Yoplait whipped yogurt and ate 4 oz....I don't know what this means other than I ate 4 oz of whipped yogurt.  Does this mean my food restriction has not changed.  My surgeon said he used a 38 bougie.  Advise would be greatly appreciated. 

Always remember, no matter how bad you are, you are not totally useless. You can always be used as a bad example.          
Lynn M.
on 9/19/11 6:56 am
surgery was September 14th

Always remember, no matter how bad you are, you are not totally useless. You can always be used as a bad example.          
injeneral
on 9/19/11 8:17 am
You're right - -you will make yourself crazy analyzing every little thing. Measure out your food according to your surgeon's food plan, don't stray, and CALM DOWN. Just go with it. Your sleeve will work if you work it.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

C. Champion
on 9/19/11 8:18 am, edited 9/18/11 8:19 pm - Minneapolis, MN
My surgeon used a 32 bougie and I could eat 4oz of yogurt when I started yogurt too. My thought was, I could eat that much because it isnt much thicker than fluid, I mean it really isnt, trust me when you start real food, you will notice the difference!! Dont worry, just dont pu**** or you will feel sick!
If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got!
Highest Wt 344, Starting Wt 311, Surgery Wt 298, 1st Goal Wt 200.     

LynMac35
on 9/19/11 8:19 am, edited 9/19/11 8:19 am

Don't worry - restriction on fluids/soft foods is not the same as when you graduate to solids. Liquids (like yogurt is really a liquid) goes right through your sleeve. Keep up the good work.

I am about 7 months out and can still only eat about 2-3 oz. dense/solids, but 4+ oz soup or mushy stuff. and pretty much unlimited liquid.

HW 355/ Pre-Liquid Diet 324/DOS 311/Current 212/Goal 140
Lynn M.
on 9/19/11 9:32 am
Lynn M.
on 9/19/11 9:34 am
Thank all of you for taking the time to help a newbie....I just did not think about yogurt (especially whipped) being the same as liquid.  I know newbie questions probably make the long timers crazy but when you are new the questions are just so important!  I can't wait until I have been on the losers bench for a while so I can pay back by answering newbie questions.  Thanks again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views