Ten months to goal and then some!

mamiej
on 11/13/11 10:23 am - brighton, TN
Haven't been on here in a very long time. I just wanted to give an update. Surgery 12/18/11. Hit my goal and a little more as of 10/27/11.  I will see what my body does now. I would love to lose a little more. I am going to try to figure out how to post before and after pics. My life has changed so much. I had surgery done by Dr. Almanza and have had absolutely no complications. I am no longer diabetic, my cholesterol is normal, I love clothes, I can keep up with my family. I live in a very small community. I am not good as hiding things, so while I planned on being circumpspect about the procedure, I ended up being a lot more open than I thought that I would be. That ended up working for me, although I know that it's not how most people handle this. It actually helped me connect with a few people in my area that were looking in to having weight loss surgery. I was happy to be able to talk to them and help support them in their search for information.

The only thing that I have been disappointed by (and it was my fault not anyone elses) is the condition of my skin after the weight loss. My arms are jiggly (kids love that!) and my tummy "fold" hasn't gone away entirely. I don't guess that it ever will without a tummy tuck, but it doesn't look bad in clothes, only naked and since only my husband of twenty years sees me naked... I guess that I can live with it. He seems to be plenty happy with the results even with the little tummy fold left over. :)

slimpickins5280
on 11/13/11 10:54 am - CO
Wow! Congrats on making it to goal!

That's got to be a great feeling.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

dittodotv
on 11/13/11 11:04 am
Wow. What a fabulous success story. So happy for you that everything has worked out so well, and you reached your goal!! A little skin issues, they are gentle reminders of where you were and will help you remember where you do not want to return.

Thanks for sharing, what an inspiration to me!

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

tinybus2
on 11/13/11 8:39 pm - TX
WOW!!! You have done amazing! Congrats on reaching your goal.

I have not done so well...rigt now I am losing about 2 pounds in 2 months...super slow but prayerfully I will finally reach my goal. I will be having my nine month anniversary next week.

Enjoy your new life!!!

Tina

theshrinkingmimi
on 11/14/11 3:37 am
Congrats.

Biologically, excess skin is not your fault. Yes there are people who swear by exercises, lotions, and potions, but it is all BS.  Whether or not you have excess skin has a lot more to do with genetics.  Softness or a small amount of lose skin can be tightened by the addition of muscle to fill it out.

Whenever a father and son team is on the Biggest Loser, if dad has it- then son has it. Same with sisters and mom & daughter teams.

I have lost weight before with serious, boot-camp style exercise and still had lose skin. I've seen bigger people lose weight and not have lose skin or a lot less than me.  It is what it is.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views