The smells of food

lindsayslosing
on 12/7/11 1:42 pm - OK
 The smells of food are driving me crazy. I swear, it's like someone has been in the kitchen all day coooking something. I guess you could say that I am in pre-op liquid diet hell. It is driving me crazy. I am trying to convince myself that it is all going to be worth it I the end. I can't afford any slip ups! I will have to lose 45 more pounds this month before my surgeon will operate, this is IF my insurance approves. If not, then I will have three more months before doing another liquid diet. I can only pray for the strength to ignore the smell of real food, and hope that I lose this weight in time.

Follow me on youtube for my pre-op and post-op adventure!
    www.youtube.com/user/LindsaysLosing
--I want to know what it'd be like to find perfection in my pride, to see nothing in the light, or turn it off in all my spite.

C_J_Coty
on 12/7/11 1:52 pm - WA
Nothing said will really help. I was where you are just 2 weeks ago. What helped me was visuals. My stomach never stopped growling, and I was short tempered. But the thought of the doctor having to gut me like a trout scared the he'll out of me. We have to make room for the surgeon. Also, I ran a lot, not for exercise, but from room to room everyone food presented itself. My wife was cool enough to eat at different times than I. I did the same for her when she went through it. I hope this helps.
lindsayslosing
on 12/7/11 1:57 pm - OK
 That actually does help! Usually around the time everyone eats the biggest meal of the day, I drink a shake, and then go for a mile walk! This is so hard, but I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it.

--I want to know what it'd be like to find perfection in my pride, to see nothing in the light, or turn it off in all my spite.

bathoria
on 12/7/11 2:19 pm, edited 12/7/11 2:19 pm - San Antonio, TX
 How many days have you been on your liquids? This happened to me at the beginning. I promise it will get better as your body adjust to this new liquid diet. I even cook everyday for my husband and my 2 year old daughter,chicken,rice,burritos etc and I never thought about even trying a pinch , I am almost done with my liquids and I will start my mushies friday. I can't wait after 4 weeks on liquids but this liquid diet helped to lose weight and now my body is used to eat less.

lindsayslosing
on 12/7/11 2:26 pm - OK
 I actually just started full liquids Monday afternoon when I got the call about from my patient advocate about trying to have surgery this month. So this was the second full day of only liquids. 

cortney_xoxo
on 12/7/11 2:49 pm
LOL I'm 7 weeks postop.... I can smell a fast food restaurant, while I'm driving down a busy road, with windows up and a air freshner in the car! I wish I could tell you the smells get easier, but they don't!! You just gotta fight it!

º : . il faut souffrir pour être belle . : º
Lisa J.
on 12/7/11 11:43 pm - OK

Is 45lbs *this month* a typo? Seriously? If anybody could actually do that before surgery in 20 days???..........???? I'm really hoping you meant 4-5 pounds....

BUT DO KNOW IT WILL ALL be worth it!! Just think, you're likely to gag at the smell of food for a time after surgery, how's THAT for a bonus! LOL

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
lindsayslosing
on 12/8/11 12:47 am - OK
 No, not a typo. My surgeon requires 10 percent lost from the day you camin, and I have gained weight. I guess I have slacked because I thought that I was going to have three more months before I even had to worry about it. Stupid, I know. Surely it will be possible to get close, right? If not, then I can only blame myself for not taking things serious from the very beginning. 

Karen-Adventure
on 12/12/11 1:57 am
The smells are difficult but just remember your goal.  So sorry you are having to do preop liquid diet.  When will you know if your insurance approves you for this month?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 99 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views