Frustrated @ 3 weeks

Mrsdean4
on 12/21/11 2:34 am - VA
 I know a stall is normal at this time, but I haven't lost anything in well over a week.  I am worried that I am the one person who won't lose at all!

I am getting in 80 grams of protein, allmy fluids and eating 2-3 meals of around 3 ounces a day.  I keep my calories below 1000 and I am. Riding my recumbent bike, building back up to one hour a day, 5 days a week.   

mbennett66
on 12/21/11 2:57 am - TN
Be patient.  Your body is still adjusting and will be for a few more weeks.  At three weeks my dr still had me on full liquids.  Stalls are normal as your body adjusts.  Sounds like you are doing everything right.  Keep it up.
Micah B
Murfreesboro TN
VSG on 09-06-11

Mrsdean4
on 12/21/11 3:00 am - VA
 Thanks fo the reply!   I am pretty sure I am worried for nothing, but anxiety is sort of my thing.  :-/

pixel8me
on 12/21/11 3:06 am
You can always change up your exercise routine - some times that alone will help - gotta give your body a nice shock :)

you can also do a search on stalls - there was a nice post last week about it!

newme2011-2012
on 12/21/11 4:01 am
Just wait it out... If you are doing everything right it will happen.
I tend to lose then go 10-12 days at the same then drop 8-9 pounds fast then stay the same again ad repeat..Seems to be a pattern for me.
Hang in there!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Talmani
on 12/21/11 4:11 am - Phoenixville, PA
I am in the same spot - I was losing more on the pre op diet with more calories. I just have to think that this will not go on forever. Good luck
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
dittodotv
on 12/21/11 4:47 am
Hi there, I was sleeved 2 days after you, and I was wondering, can you please tell me a typical day (and time when you are able to get in all that protein and fluid and 2-3 meals? What is a typical "meal" for you (are you having to puree like me? that could be my problem)... Do you still drink a shake or 2? I would really appreciate your help b/c I am trying to get protein in my pureed 1/2 cup, and then 1 30g protein shake a day, but I am still less than 60 and I know I need to get more than that in!!

Thanks a lot.

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

Mrsdean4
on 12/21/11 5:16 am - VA
 Thanks for all the replies!

First thing in the morning I had 1/3 cup lowfat cottage cheese (8 grams protein)
About 2 hours later I had a protein shake (28 grams) and 8 ounces 
Of water    I sipped on a nectar protein
Drink during the morning (around 11 grams protein, 16 ounces 
Of water).  At lunch I had a 3 ounce serving of pureed
tuna salad (10 grams).   For an afternoon snack
I had 1/3 cup blended white chicken chili soup (8 grams) and iI'll 
finish off the nectar drink (another 16 ounces and 13 grams protein)
I will get the rest of my water in by constantly 
sipping tonight.

For dinner i'm not sure yet, maybe just a shake instead 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views