I know everyone's heard this before....

cdavis21
on 12/26/11 10:52 am - SC
I guess my 3 week stall came early. Today is 2 weeks that I am post op and I haven't lost since last Thursday. In fact, my scale, (which I know is inaccurate, yet keep stepping on it anyway) says I've gained 3 pounds. :(

Just wanted to complain a little. Sorry to the people who have read this a million times. I'm just feeling very discouraged.

tobehealthy36
on 12/26/11 11:00 am - fort hood, TX
 Today I am 3 weeks out and at 2 weeks i gained 2 lbs I lost them and lost a couple more. I think our bodies are in shock. It seems very common and normal for this to happen.
`
ruggie
on 12/26/11 11:00 am - Sacramento, CA
Don't be discouraged.  Just push through it.

Everything's "weird" for the first 3-4 weeks away.  A month from now you'll be sailing by....

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

SleevedLife
on 12/26/11 11:01 am
Vent away, really!  That's the wonderful thing about this forum.  You are surrounded by people that "get it"! 

I'm sure it is disheartening to see that gain.  Stupid scale.   Just keep doing what you are doing.  Lots of water, lots of protein, exercise if you are cleared to do so.  Just follow all the rules so you can know you are doing everything right and be confident that the scale will once again move in the right direction.

Hang in there, you've done really fantastic so far!!   Even if you don't lose a pound this week, your numbers are still really great!

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

cdavis21
on 12/27/11 12:23 am - SC
Thank you! I only hope it won't last too long. :(

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/11 11:22 am - GA
Had the same thing happen, I hated it! Sure enough it will pass. Hang in there sweetie.
sleevegirl
on 12/26/11 12:29 pm - Austin, TX
Mine started in Week 2 as well. I was TICKED and ANNOYED. It lasted 2.5 weeks and I was... yeah... not in a good place.

But it broke. I stayed with the program, didn't do anything crazy. Go click on my name under my photo and scroll all the way down past my blog and you'll see "my story in numbers". You'll see a couple of stalls.

It WILL move again. Promise.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

cdavis21
on 12/27/11 12:27 am - SC
Oh, wow! I went and looked and that is very inspiring and a neat thing to do. Thank you!

sleevegirl
on 12/27/11 12:40 am - Austin, TX
You are welcome. Someone did that and posted here when I was pre-op and Ithought it was a good thing to do - not only for others, but for myself. It's nice to see how far I've come when I get in a bad head space. :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

cdavis21
on 12/27/11 1:09 am - SC
I think I'll do it too! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views