Newly Sleeved - just 5 days out

wendys8861
on 1/1/12 8:08 am - CA
Hi everyone,

I'm newly sleeved, had my surgery on 12/28/11.  I had an amazingly easy time with the surgery.  Never had a lick of pain except the gas pain which was uncomfortable, but not unbearable.  I was sent home the next day and have been feeling better and better with each passing day.  In fact, I can't believe how good I feel!  I'm still on clear liquids and getting very bored, lol!  I'm not sure I will EVER want broth again once I advance to the next level.  I have a 4 day conference out of town coming up in just over a month.  Am wondering if I should plan to still be on liquids by then or if there might be a possibility of being on soft foods at that point.  My surgeon was Dr. Higa in Fresno, CA (he's AMAZING).

Just wanted to check in and say "HI"!

abrown8434
on 1/1/12 8:27 am - VA
Glad to hear that everything was a breeze! Welcome to the losers' bench! 

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

wendys8861
on 1/1/12 9:10 am - CA
Thank youi!  My husband is already calling me a "loser"!  Obviously he means it weight wise, but this time, I'm proud to be a loser! 
Phillzze40
on 1/1/12 8:30 am
 Congratulations on your recent surgery!!  I just had the Sleeve done on December 22.  I also and so tired of Broth!  After this might not ever want jello, pudding, or broth ever again.lol
Have you found a good protein powder that you like??  Having a hard time finding  a decent tasting one. 
wendys8861
on 1/1/12 8:54 am - CA
At least you can have pudding!  I'm strictly broth, vitamin water or water flavored with Crystal light, s/f jello and s/f popsicles.  I see my surgeon on Tuesday, so maybe I will get a few more things added to the menu!   He did not say anything about protien powder.  I asked the nutritionist about protein shakes and she said that the Dr. doesn't require them if I will be able to get the proper amount of protein through my diet.  I guess I will see when I get to that point.  

I'm so nervous about my upcoming business trip.  Eating is going to be difficult -  I am hoping I will be able to be on more foods by then, otherwise, I'm not sure what I'm going to do!

I hear that there is a really good Peanut Butter powder called PB2.  I love peanut buter, so I'm thinking of trying that.when I get to that stage.

Congrats on your new sleeve.  Hope you are doing well.  I have already seen some scale changes from my surgery weight : ) 

I wonder if there are any unflavored protein powders?  Maybe a trip to GNC will be in order!
AmberK
on 1/1/12 8:44 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Glad to hear everything is going so well! Thanks for sharing 
magicsmom08
on 1/1/12 8:45 am
You should be on soft foods by the end of January. I was sleeved on November 10, so 7 weeks ago? And I've been on regular foods for almost 2 weeks now, since my 6 week postop appointment.
princessleah613
on 1/1/12 8:47 am - PA
VSG on 01/19/12
 Thanks for sharing, my surgery is coming up im 3 weeks!  Glad to hear your healing so easily. Gives me hope. I am only taking 10 days off to recover, and I'm hoping that will be enough! Otherwise, will have to take a pay cut!

herstoryteacher
on 1/1/12 9:05 am - Walnut Creek, CA
I had my surgery on a Tuesday and went back on the following Tuesday. I was driving a day after. No pain meds. I teach High School and was able to sit down when I needed too. I really don't understand why people need 6 wks off other than having a physical job. 

wendys8861
on 1/1/12 9:08 am - CA
Okay, I need to know where to get the ticker??? 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views