NSV - thanks to my dog...

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 1/29/12 1:13 am
 So I have never ever in my life really run - I do my Zumba regularly, and I can walk/job a 5K without any problems.

I was stuck in the "can't run" mentality - I have just been afraid to let go and run.  I had all the excuses - I'd look ridiculous (really?  in a size 10/12?  I don't think so!) - I am too old (ummm wrong) - my knees couldn't handle it (right - the knees can't handle running but they can handle high impact aerobics.  LOL cop out excuse).  

So I was out walking my dog and wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been, and all of a sudden the dogs pulls hard on the least and it flies out of my hand.  I called her but she decided to run.  I'm about 95% sure she would have come back if I had stayed put, but 5% is too much of a risk - so I started chasing her.  She thought it was great fun - and she kept running, dragging the leash behind her.  I finally caught her - and I realized I was at the top of the hill.   and that's a very long steep hill!

LOL I should have known the Zumba would have increased my cardio stamina.  But I didn't know I could run.  So I went inside, switched into my walking shoes, and went for a run around the neighborhood with my dog - but this time I kept the leash wraped around my wrist to be extra careful!

I feel so good!

Like the butterfly,  I have the strength and the hope to believe 
In time I will emerge from my cocoon... Transformed. Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS

kahlana
on 1/29/12 1:15 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
YAY! Thats a great feeling when you discover you can do something you always thought you couldnt. And I bet the dog is loving the chance to run too.

My Blog My Facebook

trayb17
on 1/29/12 1:15 am
VSG on 01/05/12
WooHoo! Thant sounds like a great NSV!! I cannot remember the last time I ran and I am looking forward to trying in the future.
BriarRose
on 1/29/12 1:45 am

BEST way to get the dog to come back to you is to RUN THE OTHER WAY  !!! Then, they are chasing YOU, which is a great game, AND good exercise !!!! 

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Jaybee766
on 1/29/12 3:04 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
That is AWESOME!!  I've had a running dream a time or two and it seems like fantasy.  Thanks for giving me hope!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

BarefootLawyer
on 1/29/12 3:23 am
VSG on 01/30/12
 Great news!  I bet your dog had fun.  If you ever lose your dog's leash again, run in the opposite direction from the dog.  The dog will chase yo.  At least that is what dog trainers have told me and it has worked with my dogs.  My dog would love to run with me!
HW: 307.2. SW:   GW: 190

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views