SEX

tiffaneyeliese
on 3/9/12 4:35 am
Before my operation I was so very sexually active. Now that I have lost all my wieght and look my best I don't want to be touched! What's wrong with me? Ever since my operation my huband can't keep his hands off of me and I don't want anything to do with sex what so ever, will this pass? My 1 yr will be in May.
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/12 4:57 am, edited 3/9/12 4:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 05/04/12 with
How old are you? I ask because there could be other factors in play.
tiffaneyeliese
on 3/9/12 8:34 am
Phatchick
on 3/9/12 5:01 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
They say we store hormones in our fat cells. Perhaps your hormones are out of whack. May I ask your age? The only difference between a hot young thing and an old lady is hormones. If the hormones are lacking so is the desire.

Also, there is a sex forum on this site. I have not been on it, but you may find more people discussing this problem there too.

God bless you,

Sharon

tiffaneyeliese
on 3/9/12 8:36 am
I'm only 30
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/12 5:12 am, edited 3/9/12 5:13 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Lotta folks go through it, you just hear more from the WHOOT I WANNA HAVE SEX IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SKREET people more than those who do not.  :}

It will pass, but know that are hormones are wonky and take a while to settle back into place.

And too, you might just be feeling weird about your body, or his reaction too, so there can be a lot of reasons sex is not like it used to be, in your mind and with your body. 

If/when I have times where I just do not want to be as sexual, I just tell fella its !!his turn today!!!, and I pay attention to him and I do not have to be irritable with being touched when its doing nothing but making me irritable.  By the end of our fun, I usually am less of a raw nerve edge, and sometimes do not mind to be in on the fun, but sometimes not. Here comes the hot oil and the Maxwell CD.  :}

Its just important to let our partners know that its a weird thing that is not about them, but something that's going on in our bodies, but to not just shut them out from the intimate relationship we have been having. 

And too, you might want to talk to your OB/GYN and see if they have any suggestions, I have a menopausal friend who says that Excite stuff really does wonders for vaginal sensation, but that does not help if you are just irritable in your skin. 

*squeeze*  here's to being willingly back in the saddle soon!
NanfromSan
on 3/9/12 5:22 am
VSG on 12/09/14
I think it's hormones...or anemia.  I know that happened to me once (and I felt really bad because I know my husband was like "what's wrong, is it me?") and it turned out I was anemic.  Once I started taking my iron pills it was back to normal.  Usually people enjoy it more when they're thin.  Have your doctor do some labwork on you to see if everything is okay.  Maybe you need some supplements.

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

mommy794
on 3/9/12 6:48 am
Or it could be that before maybe he wasn't AS touchy feely ... and now it's ticking you off that he's all over you? Just asking, bc I can see this happening to me in the future. I hope not but I could see it.

stephintexas
on 3/9/12 8:05 am
Two months out and I have zero drive. I kind of like it sooooo far
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views