3/27 is my date.... count down....

Blondie69
on 3/21/12 1:29 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/27/12
I am getting nervous as these days are getting closer and closer... Its scary... hearing of the buyers remorse deal in the first few day... yikes!   Knowing is good, but also got me worried.... I got butterflies now, and with all this liquid in my tummy a freakin titanic floating..... uuuughhhhh this pre-op liquid diet keeps me in the bathroom and I just vision this is not going to change after surgery either.... yuck.... Its really coming, 3/27 or bust!!!
Blondie        
Babydoll58
on 3/21/12 1:35 pm - AZ
YAY-WON'T BE LONG NOW...I WAS APPROVED FOR SURGERY IN 2008 BUT I CHICKENED OUT. LOST 40 POUNDS BUT GAINED BACK 50-NOT GOING TO BACK OUT THIS TIME, YOU WILL BE FINE!!!!:)

Blondie69
on 3/21/12 1:41 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/27/12
Thanks.... My worst fear, they open you up and find something you didnt want them to find.... uuughhhh my newest nightmare terror....  I can understand why you chickened out, but I wont do that, it took a nice process to get here! Crazy.... haha
LoftyIdeas
on 3/21/12 2:36 pm - Modesto, CA
VSG on 03/27/12
 Hello..  I share your worries and fears.  My surgery is also scheduled for Tuesday the 27th.  I'm not liking the changes alreay...  No caffine, etc.  Someone in me is rebelling a bit.  I believe life will be better once I get through the surgery and lose some weight.  I think I'm doing some grieving for the things I fear losing.

I wish us both luck!

Eula "Evie" R.
on 3/21/12 2:47 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
You all are just being normal. Please pray and don't be so scared. This is the one of the best things I have ever done for me in my life. Surgery was not that bad at all for me. I would do it over again in a heart beat. Hang on for a wonderful journey.
God Bless
Evie

LoftyIdeas
on 3/21/12 3:08 pm, edited 3/21/12 3:09 pm - Modesto, CA
VSG on 03/27/12
 Thank you.  I need the reassurance. 
ZanneWA
on 3/21/12 6:00 pm, edited 3/21/12 6:00 pm - Port Townsend, WA
VSG on 03/27/12
 I'm on for 3/27 also!  I know that the nerves can get to you.  I have been visualizing the procedure going smoothly, and my recovery being a breeze.  I believe that sending positive energy out into the universe reaps positive energy back.  I'll include you in my thoughts as well.  Hang in there!

Zanne
(Edited because I don't string my sentences together too well at 1:00 a.m.!)
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 10:19 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
I am having my first consult with my Dr on 3/27.  I understand how you all feel because I keep tossing it all back and forth in my mind.  Its a scary process to make such a drastic change.  Once upone a time I took a Franklin Covey class and there is a line that has always stuck with me "if you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got"... to me, I don't want to stay on this merry-go-round of weight loss, I am 53 years old and I don't want the next 20 years of my life to be like the last 20 years.  I need to do this for me and I think if we all focus on that they it won't be as scary. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views