Help - I need a wake-up call!

Bellerose
on 4/20/12 8:20 am
I am 14 months out and lost 75 of the 100 lbs I wanted to lose.  I have fallen back into bad eating habits and I could use some guidance.  I have not lost any weight in the past 2 months or so and I'm feeling excess belly fat over the top of my jeans.  Are there guidelines for a sleever who is a year out?  Do I need to do something drastic as far as eating goes?  I appreciate any suggestions.  I thought I was doing so good and then I hit a wall. 
 Peace!
Dolores

AnnMarie
on 4/20/12 9:06 am, edited 4/20/12 9:06 am
VSG on 04/10/12
First off, grats on the 75% those are some great numbers!
Well, I'm a newly sleeved person but I was banded for years and can give my own personal approach :)
BACK TO BASICS! For me, that's get super strict, super low carb, low fat. As stricts as you can for a bit, get some of the fluff off then transition to less strict but still on plan.
I would review my Nut's eating plan and follow that after the strict phase. See how that goes and commit to yourself :)

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

katier825
on 4/20/12 9:21 am
The great thing about the sleeve is that it can be easier to get back on track than it was pre-sleeve. Try going back to basics. High protein/low carb, plenty of fluids. If you aren't tracking your intake, you should. It will give you an idea of how much and where you need to cut back (or if you need to increase protein). Most likely you need to cut back on carbs and calories. If you are up for some exercise, that will help too. You can do it!
Bellerose
on 4/20/12 12:32 pm
Thank you both for your advice.  Yes, I'm going to have to try going back to basics -high protein, very low carbs and keeping my calories down.  It seems that over time I started slowly introducing foods (mostly carbs that I hadn't been eating) and enjoying them so much -they go down so nicely!  And I thought I was doing just fine with them, but lately I've been feeling that something just isn't right -my clothes are not fitting as well as they did at Christmas.  Time for me to buckle down and get back on track because I didn't go through bariatric surgery to gain the weight back!!!  *sigh* 

Peace!
Dolores

New_me2011
on 4/20/12 3:43 pm - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 Hi again-it's so good to see you back on OH ! We friended each other almost a year ago when I decided on Dr  Barkan as my surgeon and found that you had already had your surgery with him. You highly recommended him, and you were so right! Coincidentally I see that my surgery date was exactly 1 year after yours, on Valentines Day. I am sure you can get back on track pretty easily,you've taken the first step which  is realizing there is a problem . Like the other posters said and from what I've read from the Vets on the forum, a return to basics is the way to go-about 600 calories a day, at least 64 oz water, 65g protein and under 40 g carbs per day. I'm sure that you can restart your plan and reach your goals. Best wishes to you !!

Michele            

Bellerose
on 4/21/12 1:01 am
What a cool coincidence that we had our surgeries exactly one year apart!  How are you doing?  I'm glad you liked Dr. Barkan -my husband and I both liked him right off the bat as soon as we met him.  I hope you are doing well -I've been off this site for quite a while and it's time that I get back.  Thanks for your suggestions and your vote of confidence.  I'm starting off today with positive thoughts and hope for good changes to come.  Thanks!

Peace!
Dolores

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views