Realized on Independence Day How Bond I Am

LeapForward12
on 7/5/12 6:56 am - MI
After a long day of barbeque's, family, friends, the beach, and fireworks, I realized just how much I need this surgery to ensure that I will have no more days like yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I love spending the Holiday with my loved ones, but as all the kids played and as the day progressed, I realized how tired I am of being on the sidelines... I am ready and willing to take action! I finally see Dr. Gluck for my first consult on July 12, 2012. My prayer is that I can have surgery in September of this year.

Praying for a new future and I am ready to be free...!
Missey J.
on 7/5/12 7:27 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with
I hear ya....sounds like me

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
Catmama
on 7/5/12 8:39 am - NV
You really hit the nail on the head.  I was tired of being on the sidelines as well and it was one of the contributing factors for having surgery.  I looked at a vacation scrapbook that my sis-in-law made for my husband and me and saw something that made me cringe....besides my pictures!  The comments of Auntie being "allergic" to hiking, "allergic" to rollercoasters, "allergic" to water slides, etc....  It truly made me realize on much I've been living on the fringe.  I also think that the surgery I just had will be the "benedryl" to get me through these "allergies" and to start living again.

We can do it!

LeapForward12
on 7/5/12 1:19 pm - MI
 Thank you for the encouragement. I only add to your statement that we will do it this time, no matter what. 
Sleeva
on 7/5/12 9:20 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
I feel your pain my neice said to my sister... you know she is not going she always backs out, it kinda hurt my feelings but she was right I do because of chronic back pain,my mind is willing but my body is not, I know this will set us free
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/12 10:59 am
Wow! what a great post. It sent me back several years to a trip at Disneyland when I could not ride a favorite ride because I weighed too much. That just killed me. 

Bless you for the reminder to remember how far I've come! Sometimes I forget.

Last summer I couldn't walk the dog in the park without major discomfort. Now I can do 5 miles on an elliptical machine and run around that park!

Keep the vision. You are on the right track and I love how motivated you are feeling.
LeapForward12
on 7/5/12 1:17 pm - MI
 Wow! I look forward to the day when the sidewalks and roads will have no end and my energy level will be up for the challenge! Keep up the good work.
toniosmom
on 7/5/12 11:19 am
 OMG....you must have been at the BBQ I was at yesterday....LOL.  I felt exactly the same way.  It was a big party with lots of great people and I felt like I wasn't myself.  Getting in and out of my chair was embarrassing with my big stomach in the way.  All I kept saying to myself was "next year will be awesome".  I will not be dealing with this much longer.  August 15th is my date -- I can't wait.
LeapForward12
on 7/5/12 1:16 pm - MI
 Congrats on your date! I am praying that all goes well with the consult and that the ball can start rolling. I want to rid myself of all these headaches (pounds) that have kept me bond for years. 
Junebug175
on 7/5/12 4:18 pm
 I feel like this as well. I can be pretty active to be as big as I am but I don't always want to be because I get tired. I also struggle because I am uncomfortable in my own skin. I want to live and be full of life. Can't wait for my surgery....7/27/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views