ONG sooo good!

Moniachelle
on 7/8/12 6:54 am
VSG on 05/22/12

On a hot summer day I have always loved an ice cold chocolate shake, well today I made my protein drink I added 1/4 banana, 3/4 cup of skim milk and some sugarfree chocolate pudding and ice. I put it in my magic bullet. and waalaa a frosty good for me chocolate shake! I hope. VETs did I do ok?

moonglo82
on 7/8/12 6:58 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I'm no vet, but as long as the NI for your total shake fits into your daily goals, I say sounds great!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

aled1223
on 7/8/12 7:20 am
 Love my magic bullet!
acbbrown
on 7/8/12 7:48 am - Granada Hills, CA
Its not bad, but I personally chose not to add bananas to my diet because of the carbs/sugar until maybe 6 months and even now I eat them very sparingly. 

Milk - I would have an occassional latte but I didnt keep it in the house bc of the carbs even though its not a horrible choice. I would use unsweetned almond milk though - lower carbs, low cal (35 cal/cup vs FF milk at 90 cal/cup)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Moniachelle
on 7/8/12 8:21 am
VSG on 05/22/12
Thank you! my surgeon has me on low fat milk. but I will try almond milk i was having some trouble with potassium thats why I was eating bananas.  but I will talk to my doc  about another form of potassium.

califsleevin
on 7/8/12 2:49 pm - CA
That sounds like a good blend - I keep some milk frozen in ice cube trays for making thick, cold protein shakes. As Alison noted, those who are into low carbbing don't like the idea of the bananas, but not everyone goes with those diets so bananas do fine in that case; I often had some potato in the diet as they are one of the most efficient potassium sources out there amongst your whole foods.

Potassium is a hard nut to crack as most of the best sources are carbs (bananas, potatoes, milk, melons, etc.) or high in fat and calories (avocado) and it isn't readily supplemented without prescription. About the best potassium source that I've found outside of prescription supplements is the low sodium version of V8 juice, at around 800mg per cup at 50 calories.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Kelly-AnneH
on 7/8/12 2:57 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Sounds yummy except most shakes upset Tiny Tum. (it's the Splenda) I use 1/2 a banana in some of my drinks - I just make sure I never go over my carb allotment.
My surgeon says my job is water, getting at least 70 grams of protein a day, staying between 6-800 calories and keeping to the texture levels he wants at each stage. What does your surgeon want you doing?

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views