Looking to chat with people who are going thru or have gone thru

lexygyrl
on 8/11/12 11:32 am - Rochelle , IL
VSG on 08/23/12
I have been on this site for awhile but find it hard to chat with people who are going thru this or have gone thru it...
acbbrown
on 8/11/12 11:35 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Gone through what? There are hundreds of people here who have gone through a VSG or other WLS procedure...

There's a chat room I think if you literally want a real time chat...not sure who hangs out in it or if it still exists, but i think it does. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jewelz13
on 8/11/12 11:36 am - TX
That would be me... 5 days post op
sleevegirl
on 8/11/12 11:43 am - Austin, TX
What in particular? Just the general "what have I signed up for?"

I can guarantee whatever it is... we've all been there. HUGS

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

lexygyrl
on 8/11/12 4:43 am - Rochelle , IL
VSG on 08/23/12
Sorry guess I should have been more specific...Having VSG surgery on the 23rd of August... I'm excited ,scared and just ready.... not sure what to expect for pain level ...
acbbrown
on 8/11/12 11:56 am - Granada Hills, CA
 The pain...not much - gas is the worst, so it's not all that bad. Soreness - yeah, pain not so much. 

The most difficult part of the journey you are ready to start is going to be what happens on your head, not your body. Yes, your anatomy will be altered by your surgeon, but everything that happens in your head is up to you. That has been the most painful, uncomfortabel realization for me up to this point. Some people are fortunate to not have as many issues - some of us have a lot...its a good idea to start addressing those before surgery. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

pcannedy
on 8/11/12 1:35 pm - Sacramento, CA
Hi there,  I had a sleeve nearly two years ago.  I was nervous, but just relaxed, and knew my doctor was the best and it came out fine.  The pain for me was a little tuff since I was older.  The shoulder pain was a little sore for a couple weeks due to the gas.  But gas-x strips helped alot.  I wish I had known that I needed a large shirt and big pants for leaving the hospital.  They will fill you up with air, and it doesn't go away fast.  I took too much to the hospital, so pack lightly, need robe and slip on slippers for walking the halls.  I had all the liqquids, soft foods on the shelves, and was ready to eat right coming home.  Needed broth cubes, snapple (sf), sf appleasauce, sf popslices, sf jello, water, zero water, vitamins, greek yogurat plain, campbells healthy soup cream of chicken, mushroom and aspargus.  Need a strainer, a modar and pesto to crush any meds. 

MrsClaus09
on 8/12/12 6:28 am
 Not sure if it would be helpful but my blog chronicled through surgery and recovery.  I haven't kept up with it at all but maybe something in there will help!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Jewelz13
on 8/11/12 11:49 am - TX
Minimal pain. The worst for me was in recovery room but I was in and out. Then the pain pump did wonders. Hardly any pain for me.
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/12 11:57 am
Pain is so individual. I wish I could tell you that you would have a virtually pain free recovery like mine was, but I can't. It's going to be your body, your threshold for pain, etc....
Some have super easy recoveries, others not so much.

Talk with your surgeon during your preop appt. to find out his/her pain management plan for post op. Mine put me on a dilaudid drip and pump in recovery, so I had no pain upon awakening. I could use the pump at will in my hospital room, so it really kept me pain free. I was on that drip for  36 hours and then was moved to a liquid codeine when I went home. I used the codeine for 3 days and that was it for me. I had no nausea either. 

Keep asking away. There are many people here who are willing to help and answer your questions. There is also a search bar at the right at the top of the page. You can type in a topic and do a search. Also check out the FAQ sections. It's to the right of the page under the blue/green bar.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views