Will a neck waddle retract??

SleevedLife
on 8/13/12 8:33 am, edited 8/13/12 12:45 pm
Hi, everyone...

For those of you that have lost a lot of weight and ended up with a neck waddle, does it eventually retract?  I don't want to sound too vain, but I've become increasingly self conscious about it.  I posted a picture below so you can see what I mean.  (I'm pointing to the waddle, even though it is probably pretty obvious even without me pointing!)

********PIC REMOVED TO STAY anonymous ONLINE -- sorry!!********

Is there anything I can do about it? Does it get better/worse?

I'm 36 years old, in case that plays into the likelihood of this going away.   Anyone ever have a "neck lift"??

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

happyteacher
on 8/13/12 8:35 am
 If it makes you feel any better yours looks much better than mine.  I have shrinkles along with the waddle.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

SleevedLife
on 8/13/12 8:37 am
Shrinkles!!!  OK, that is my new favorite word.  (Not my favorite thing to have... which I do... but what a great word!) 

The blurry pictures is probably more forgiving then what this looks like in person.   Has yours retracted at all, or is it just getting more sagging and ... shrinkly? I am betting (worrying) that I lose more neck fat, this will get narrower, but hang down even  lower.

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

mauigirl2
on 8/13/12 10:11 am - kihei, HI
I have shrinkles too!

happyteacher
on 8/14/12 3:31 pm
On August 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM Pacific Time, SleevedLife wrote:
Shrinkles!!!  OK, that is my new favorite word.  (Not my favorite thing to have... which I do... but what a great word!) 

The blurry pictures is probably more forgiving then what this looks like in person.   Has yours retracted at all, or is it just getting more sagging and ... shrinkly? I am betting (worrying) that I lose more neck fat, this will get narrower, but hang down even  lower.
 It is getting worse.  I had a super wide neck- was super self conscious about it pre op.  Now, neck is a pretty normal width, but with the shrinkle waddle.  Oh, plastics is so in my future!  But with that said, I will happily take the shrinkley waddle anyday over the terminator neck thing I had going on before!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

emelar
on 8/13/12 10:07 am - TX
Yup, shrinkles here too!  Shrinkley neck, shrinkley arms, and I don't even want to talk about the thighs!
J.e.t.
on 8/13/12 8:36 am
 I have it too.  That, along with my thighs are the worst part.  I can live with pretty much everything else.  
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

SleevedLife
on 8/13/12 8:39 am
Are you considering plastics?  I never ever thought I'd get plastic surgery... I don't even generally wear make-up.  LOL!    But if I can get rid of the waddle (plus batwings, plus sagging skin on stomach) I may very well do it.... if I can afford it, that is.

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

considering2012
on 8/13/12 8:41 am
I have no experience with this but it seems like it would depend on weather or not your "waddle" is a fatty one or just a bunch of skin. I'm thinking if it's fatty, you'll be in a better position to judge it when you get closer to your goal weight. If it just skin, you'd likely need to go to one of those aesthetic centers where they do the laser or whatever.
SleevedLife
on 8/13/12 8:48 am
Good point!  There is defintely still fat in there! 

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views