first carb

oppman
on 9/13/12 6:06 am - TX
VSG on 07/23/12
I am 7.5 weeks or so post op and to get my calories up to 420 for yesterday, I tried 1/4 of a lowcarb wheat tortilla and put my breakfast taco mixture in it last night for dinner. Well, with in an hour I was hovering over the toilet and litterally thought I was dying!!!! I felt HORRIBLE until about 1 am! This was my first try of an actual carb since surgery, I sure wont try that again for a while! YUCK!! I'm still kinda sick at my stomach today.

HW- 310, SW 287.6, M1-31.4, M2 -11.2, M3 -15.8

sleevicidal_maniac
on 9/13/12 6:55 am
I had gummy bears yesterday and was also sick over it. Not because of the carb, but because half a dozen people on OH came out and told me I'm going to he11 because I made a poor decision and everything is bad and I'm a bad person...

Sorry about the carb difficulty. Try instant grits. It's a healthy carb, only 100 calories and high in fiber so it doesn't stay with you long. It also tastes a lot better than cream of wheat and one package with water makes exactly a 2oz serving so it's easy. Some carbs are important to give you energy to exercise, so try to find some that you can handle. Also, you may find that eating your carb choice by itself, as opposed to with something else, is much easier to handle. A little cereal, some granola as a snack, half an apple? any of these will fit your plan and give you a couple grams of sugar to make it through the afternoon without crashing face first into your desk.

Whatever you do, DO NOT EAT GUMMY BEARS (but if you do - don't tell anyone here or you may have to wear the scarlet letter G.

Kelly-AnneH
on 9/13/12 6:59 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
But that would mean I'd have to wear a scarlet C for the cupcake I ate at my niece's wedding. (no, I don't feel guilty. I chose to eat it, enjoyed it and moved on)

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Pobearsam7
on 9/13/12 8:28 am
So glad u posted thus comment... I did have a piece of cake on my day... And I was fine... Don't feel guilty but got. Back on the again the next day

Kelly                

oppman
on 9/13/12 7:16 am - TX
VSG on 07/23/12
Thanks so much for the advice about the grits.
Dont let them get to you, I roll my eyes everyday at ppl on here cuz they are just amazing at what they eat that is bad for them and don't admit it! You atleast admitted it and over came it. :)

HW- 310, SW 287.6, M1-31.4, M2 -11.2, M3 -15.8

Pobearsam7
on 9/13/12 8:34 am
Sorry bout your gummy bear experience. Glad you have tough skin, some ppl on this site are too harsh and They get all crazy about berating ppl..., yea so just be Leary of the vsg police !!!! Lol

Kelly                

jarabacoagirl
on 9/13/12 8:39 am
VSG on 12/17/12
I will make a mental note not too every slip and have gummy bears once I'm post op.  I might though slip once far enough out and have a piece of chocolate.)    Do you think I will be stuck by lightning?  LOL 

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

racemomss
on 9/13/12 9:47 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12
Your post yesterday made my day! Love the sense of humor!!! If you do go to he11 because of the gummy bears make sure you take a bunch with you!!!  Those are yummy and the gummy worms... oh my my.. I am 15 days post op and let me tell you I am about to jump out of my head because of the cravings!! Good luck and keep posting

Jls8877
on 9/13/12 10:10 am
 This made me laugh! I've been eating flinstone chewable vitamins since post op (I chew well and let them dissolve in my mouth) for 2wks. I'm only 3wks post op. also, I use a straw to get my fluids in. This is my journey. While OH is a great place for information and ideas, this is not my "tell all" place b/c of read judgement in replies so often. Please continue to do what you need to do to get through YOUR journey. Most people understand and can identify with you!
PrettyEyes_41
on 9/13/12 7:12 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
It may not have been the carbs so much as the tortilla. Tortilla's do that to me too and I'm 3 months out. I've had to cut them out completely. They ball up in my stomach like bread does and turn to concrete even if you chew them to mush. The pain was unbelievable and I hadn't had but a couple of bites. Won't do that again.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views