I know, I know, I know!!!

oppman
on 9/25/12 12:03 am - TX
VSG on 07/23/12
I KNOW that I am in a stall STILL! But I am getting SO VERY discouraged! I am just 2 months out, lost 40 lbs the first month and then NOTHING! I am barely getting 500 calories a day (as per my dr's plan), some walking daily, starting bootcamp on Monday October 1st (so excited). Lost 3.5 inches in my boobs, 3.5 inches in my waist, & 6.5 in my hips! I guess if I sit back and look at the #s it looks ok, but it just STOPPED! It's CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

HW- 310, SW 287.6, M1-31.4, M2 -11.2, M3 -15.8

Inky-99
on 9/25/12 1:05 am
I'm in a bit of a stall myself. It sure is frustrating! I'm sure things will be back on track soon. Hang in there!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/12 1:53 am
Yes, it really sucks when it's happening to you.  I moaned about it every single time when my weight stopped coming off even when I understood that this is a stair step process.  If you just keep doing what you are doing, you will lose a ton of weight all at once in a little while.  You are still losing fat, it is just being replaced with water.  The water will eventually flow out and voila, weight loss.  Just wait for it and don't screw things up by increasing calories and ending this cycle early.  All the research shows that you will lose less in the long run if you do. 
oppman
on 9/25/12 2:00 am - TX
VSG on 07/23/12
I just feel like the light that was at the end of the tunnel is now jet black! 5 weeks is a LONG stall! I can't increase my calories anyway, cuz I just cant get any more in during the day, plus I'm not hungry, I have to force myself to get in 400-500 cal a day! Atleast Im getting a protein shake and all my water in everyday!

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/12 2:13 am
Make sure that almost all of your calories are protein calories.  Try to increase your protein to about 100 grams a day.  I know it's hard, but do it anyway.  The dam will break, the sunshine will come out, I promise.  Really, I am 100% sure of this.  Just keep doing it and keep measuring yourself, as long as the inches are falling off, this is not even really considered a stall. 
oppman
on 9/25/12 2:27 am - TX
VSG on 07/23/12
I dont think I'm even getting 50 grams of protein a day. When I went for my 6 week check up, I was getting less than 300 cal a day. Avg of 6 carbs a day and the nurse got on to me to up my carbs and calories.

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/12 2:45 am
So  I am going to tell you something different from your nurse.  I know this puts you in a bind, but I don't know how to get you out of that bind.  I am passing to you the wisdom from my doctor and my experience, in the end, only you can decide if you should follow my advice or not.  Here it is straight: increase protein to about 100 grams a day, keep calories low, the lower the better. Keep carbs under 40, and drink like a fish.  If you do this, you win.  You have to up your protein, this is not negotiable.  I don't care what anyone else tell you, this one thing is not about the weight loss alone, its about your health and avoiding a heart attack.  Your heart muscle can be weakened if you do not increase your protein.  Your body does not make the amino acids it needs to function properly, you are hurting your health if you do not follow this.  I don't mean to scare you, OK, I do a little. I would rather scare you a bit, but keep you healthy, than just tell you it will be OK.  You must get at the very minimum 60 grams, but you really need closer to 100 to increase your weight loss.  Do it.
oppman
on 9/25/12 2:49 am - TX
VSG on 07/23/12
Yes Ma'am! lol, I will work on it and thanks so much for your advise!

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/12 2:52 am
Hugs to you!  I know I sound a little militant, but that's only because I really want you to stay healthy and reach your goal.  I am totally on your side and in your corner.
A911Angel
on 9/25/12 5:17 am
 Hi Elina, 
Will this work for me?  I have been stuck at 163 lbs. for 8 months now ;(

Holly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op