Anxiety!(VETs chime in)

Moniachelle
on 10/20/12 7:01 am
VSG on 05/22/12
 For the past week I have had anxiety my world is not as it should be. I'm getting use to dealing with me and all the changes that my body is going through  and at almost 5 months Post op I'm  pretty happy! I'm learning that I can't change the outside forces in my life but the only thing that seems to 
defuse this feeling is a hard workout I'm working out 2 times a day I have to  make myself eat because I just don't want too is this part of the cycle? 

lucy2e
on 10/20/12 10:47 am - Laurel, MD
Sorry you are going through a tough time.  I haven't experienced anxiety so no advice from experience.  Working out makes sense - the endorphine release would help...

Please also consider going to a therapist to help you figure out what might be triggering your anxiety.  Also, please make sure you follow an eating schedule - it is important that you get you protein and other nutrients!

Good luck! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

acbbrown
on 10/20/12 12:40 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 A lot of its mental...its a life changing process. 

My doctor just prescribed me two hard core anti-anxietys that dont do much other than sedate me...it's not really an option in my world....so I need to go to therapy instead. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

moonglo82
on 10/20/12 2:49 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Any idea what is causing the anxiety?  Is it just a random pins-n'-needles type of feeling that comes on unexpectedly, or are you experiencing more-than-normal amounts of stress for some reason? 

Just a thought: the not wanting to eat thing might be partially due to all that exercise.  If I need to get in more protein for the day after I exercise, I pretty much know I have to rely on a shake to get me there because, for some reason, I can't eat more than a bite or two of any kind of dense protein post-workout. 

Is it normal to struggle with different emotions during this process?  Absolutely.  If you're struggling with anxiety, depression, or any other emotional obstacles that are getting in the way of feeling "normal" on a regular basis, now is a good time to consider therapy.  A good counselor can help you figure out how to work through the unease and to make sure you aren't heading down a dangerous path in regards to your eating habits. 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

celticfaery
on 10/21/12 11:29 pm - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12
Definitely find a counselor! My mistake #1.

So much of this journey is mental. You need someone who understands food addiction and who can help you wrap your head around these changes. I fought this. I said i didn't need it. I was wrong and it contributed to a large weight gain.

Making yourself eat is part of the process right now. Because the grelin producer in your stomach has been removed you aren't feeling controlled by hunger anymore. This will get better with time and some of the hunger will return again in a few months. The amount of carbs you consume will play a big role on how hungry you feel too.

Keep your chin up! You're doing great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views