Question

LeighAnne89
on 11/16/12 10:39 am - KY

Would anyone mind giving me some examples of their daily routine including foods and such? I am 3 and 1/2 months out and my weight loss has been like a pound a week and I have no idea what I may be doing wrong.

synthangel
on 11/16/12 10:51 am - NV
VSG on 11/02/12

I am still pretty new to this. So I don't have too much personal experience. But I am friends with a lot of people from this forum on myfitnesspal and many have public food diaries so I have been going there for resources. Also there is usually a daily 'what are you eating today VSGers' post that you could search for to get a wide variety of what people are eating.

Good luck!

synthangel
on 11/16/12 10:52 am - NV
VSG on 11/02/12

I made a post on this forum asking for MFP friends lol thats a good way and if you want to add me my name is sentheticangel on MFP!!

LeighAnne89
on 11/16/12 11:15 am - KY

Thanks hun I will add you I have not been on mine since I made it lol because I am not sure how to use it but I am going to figure it out soon because it seems to be helping people.

slimpickins5280
on 11/16/12 11:43 am - CO

It would probably be easier if you gave us a sample of a typical day for you.

What do you eat? How much water/fluids do you drink? What exercise do you get in?

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

LeighAnne89
on 11/17/12 12:19 am - KY

I get up get my husband off to work and cook breakfast for my 3 year old start my day with a bottle of water once Gabriel eats I start cleaning then I am on the treadmill for a while, after that I get in 52g of protein with a protein shake then lunch for Gabriel if I have lunch it is usually a cup of soup or maybe turkey and cheese play with Gabriel try to get in more time on the treadmill or one of my workout DVD's by the time thats all done it is time for me to cook dinner which for me is some kind of lean meat and veggies. That is pretty much an everyday thing unless one of us is sick or something.

slimpickins5280
on 11/17/12 1:39 am, edited 11/17/12 1:40 am - CO

Couple of things:

*How much water/fluids are you getting. The exact amount. 64 oz is minimum for a person laying in bed in a coma. With how much you are working out, you need at another glass (8 oz) of water for every 30 minutes of exercise that raised your heart rate above normal. I get in 100 oz a day, just as an example, which I worked up to at about 2 months post-surgery. House cleaning counts as an exercise.

*52 grams of protein at one sitting *sounds* good, but there are very few people in this world who's bodies can actually process that much protein at one time. It would be better for you to break up the protein shake into 2 servings. Maybe one morning and one mid-morning.

*Have you gotten your labs done lately? You might want to think about getting some bloodwork done. I've been shocked by how fast my body has changed over the last year. I've had to make vitamin modifications and medication modifications at least every 2-3 months so far.

Good luck. I hope it gets going again for you.

FYI - I lost 1 lb last month. I 3 inches total last month. Just for some perspective.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Keith L.
on 11/16/12 12:35 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
I just read on a bariatric surgeons site (I will try to find the link) that had some really good tips. The first was 30 grams of protein for breakfast. The 2nd was don't stop at 64 oz of water drink as much as you can all day. I was in a stall and started doing just those two things I broke my stall and my next days loss was 3lbs.

Coincidentally I was reading on a nutrition site about the importance of protein and the role it plays in fat loss. Also not drinking enough water causes water retention. 1 gallon of water weighs 8 lbs.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

pineview01
on 11/16/12 1:23 pm - Davison, MI

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

LeighAnne89
on 11/17/12 12:30 am - KY

If you happen to come across that link I would love to read it. Sometimes I have a hard time getting in even 64 oz of water and that's the reason I usually don't eat through the day so that I can get it all in. I have been trying for 100 grams of protein but my protein powder is 270 calories for 2 scoops which is 52 grams of protein so I am going to have to look into a new protein powder. But as it is right now my weight loss has been about a pound a week and before that was a 3 week stall. But thanks for the advice I will give it a try at this point I will try anything.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views