Thanksgiving

rhearob
on 11/20/12 11:00 pm - TN

Happy Thanksgiving to my OH Family!

I have been away from the boards a lot lately, but you all are never really far from my thoughts.  I do pop in on the VSGM forums and post my daily maintenance weigh in.  As of today I have hit 170 lbs lost since November 2 of last year.  My swelling is really starting to subside and I am beginning to see what I went through the LBL for.

This time last year I was just progressing to purees.  I put my Thanksgiving Turkey breast into a blender.   It was truly repulsive, LOL.  The day after I went to a football game with DH and we froze in the rain and I ate half of the patty from a turkey burger from the stand.  That also was truly repulsive!  Today the hoodie I bought at that game swallows can be wrapped around me three times.

So today, I will be wrapping my husbands Christmas gifts, I will be baking pies and breads for our feat tomorrow.  I will be celebrating being whole and healthy - possibly for the first time in my adult life.  

So what am I thankful for?

1.  My Family, Friends, and Coworkers that have been there to support and love me throughout the past year.  No successes would have been possible without them.  I am truly blessed to have all of the people, on line and in real life, who were there to help me.

2.  That I found a real weight loss clinic and not a just a surgeon.  Centennial treats the entire person from head to toe.  The surgeons and staff there are smart enough to know that their surgery does not treat obesity, their program does.  The surgery just levels the playing field and gives you the ability to do the work to really treat your condition.

3.  That I was able to learn to deal with the aspects of my personality that would have poisoned my success - I overcame my oppositional thinking, my desire to assign blame for being heavy, my self loathing and shame.  Most importantly I am thankful that I was opened up enough to seek out and accept the help I needed.

So for this Thanksgiving, I want to offer you all my Thanks for being here when I need you, Thanks for Listening when I need it, and best wishes for all of you to have the same success and joy that the past year has brought me.

Please have a safe, enjoyable, and loving holiday.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

natalie37
on 11/20/12 11:09 pm - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
You are truly an inspiration to all of us Rob!! Continued good health and happiness to you!! ...and don't be a stranger on here!! We need your expert advice!!
Natalie
Feystorm
on 11/20/12 11:31 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Wonderful post Rob!  Thank you for being here!  Love the avatar :)  Can't wait to see progress pics from plastics :)

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

PrettyEyes_41
on 11/20/12 11:42 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

Thanks Rob and Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I love reading your posts and when I'm stuck and depressed and don't know if I can keep going on I look for posts from you and a few others that are true inspirations! It makes me feel good about my choices and helps me to know what I have to look forward to.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Shagdoll
on 11/21/12 12:02 am

Happy Thanksgiving Rob!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/12 12:31 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I know I have plenty to be thankful for this year, as well. Last year I was struggling to maintain my weigh tloss while I waited for my surgery. Thanksgiving was a real bear! This year I'm looking forward to it. The fear of the feast is behind me.

Wish you and your husband the best day tomorrow!

christinahelena
on 11/21/12 12:47 am - CA
What a beautiful post Rob! Happy thanksgiving, and I appreciate you on these boards, your sound advice and your willingness to help others on their journey!
So very very happy for you and your success!
Christina
slimpickins5280
on 11/21/12 12:52 am - CO

I've loved how, from the beginning, you've put in the time and energy needed to fix the things behind the curtain. You've reminded me many times that this is 98% head 2% physical. You've helped me, even though you probably don't know it because I never told you, to remember that being a slow loser has given me the gift time to work out all the head ****

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

rhearob
on 11/21/12 12:53 am - TN

That means the world to me, thank you. Paying it forward is, I Think, an important part of all of our journeys.  By helping others on the way we help ourselves.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

slimpickins5280
on 11/21/12 1:00 am - CO

I'm still on the journey with lots of people at lots of different stages. I'm trying it stay patient. Really. Stop laughing. This is me being patient.

One of many things I love about this journey is that great conversations I've had with my kids, family and friends.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views