My stomach is folded onto itself... WTF

hwag5149
on 11/29/12 6:00 am

I haven't posted in about 400 years but I actually have a question...

So I've been having GI problems and figured it was my gall bladder. The surgeon wanted me to do some tests first just to make sure. I did an upper GI and they let me see xray type pictures of my stomach. The doctor said my stomach was folded in on itself. When I saw the pic, my stomach wasn't vertical at all. It was more like a skinny U turned on it's side. I swear the two sides of the U were almost touching! I was like WTF! So then he wanted me to have an endoscopy, where they stick a camera down your throat and into your stomach to see if you have anything crazy going on. The dr said I had gastritis which I didn't care too much about. So then I end up at the ER (and hospitalized for 5 days) for gall bladder attacks and one of the drs told me that during my endoscopy, the dr couldn't get passed my actual stomach into the pylorous? and definitely not into my small bowel because of how my stomach is. I wasn't sure what that meant but I figured it's the sideways U shaped stomach!  Oh yeah, I'm having my gall bladder removed in a week but that's neither here nor there.

So basically I was wondering if anyone has ever seen real pictures of their stomachs and did they look like I describe or were they almost straight up and down? Also, has anyone ever heard of there being problems with a scope going through their stomach?

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

slimpickins5280
on 11/29/12 6:23 am - CO

First I've heard of that happening. I have WLS group tonight. I'll ask the nurse if she's there. Would like to know what that is about.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

acbbrown
on 11/29/12 6:23 am - Granada Hills, CA

Ummmm Id be at my surgeons door like....right now. That sounds particularly worrisome to me!! I saw mine but its been like 14 months and I wouldnt be able to tell you what it looked like but I think id remember if it looked like a skinny U on its side!! Add the issue with the scope -...yikes!

Are you having troubles eating/digesting food? It would seem if your stomach did that you wouldnt really be able to eat much..?

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

hwag5149
on 11/29/12 6:27 am

Oh I can eat! I was thinking that it's just "deflated" and when I eat maybe it fills up and goes to it's normal shape. Maybe I just think that so I feel better. I have had a lot of GI issues since surgery which I never had before. Either I can't poop for days or I go like 400 times a day. I felt bloated for many months too and now I have no problem throwing up. Hmmm I have a 1 year follow up with my dr on the 10th but I was going to cancel because he always tells me everything is fine. I did have the pictures sent to him though because I was concerned, I just never called to follow up. Mayyyybe I should make that call!

hwag5149
on 11/29/12 6:28 am

omg I just saw the link to your blog and the name made me die laughing!

acbbrown
on 11/29/12 6:44 am - Granada Hills, CA

LOL i think one of my latest entries talks about gushing iodine geysers...you might get a good laugh out of it...

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

hwag5149
on 11/29/12 7:01 am

I read it and it made me gag! Just thinking about the drains makes me sick.

PaulaToronto
on 11/29/12 6:41 am - Toronto, Canada

Get in to see your bariatric surgeon ASAP.  If you are having gallbladder surgery in a week there is no use you having to under twice if your bariatric surgeon intends to do something like tack your stomach down in its regular position.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

hwag5149
on 11/29/12 7:01 am

Tack it down in it's regular position? Can they do that???

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/12 7:09 am

If it's any consolation to you, I saw the pics of my stomach the day after VSG. It was rather curved, too. It reminded me of a U. I asked about that and the doc said my lesser curvature was pretty tight and that was its normal shape. I haven't had any problems at all, though. Hmmmmm...... now you got me wondering.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views