It's official - I'm calling it! (a little long)

ksommer08
on 12/8/12 12:31 pm, edited 12/8/12 12:43 pm - OH
VSG on 06/25/12

I've debated all day on this, since I stepped on the scale this morning. My initial post surgery goal was 175 (surgeon's goal was 180). Since then, with body composition testing and a couple other factors, I've dropped my goal another 15 pounds to 160. After a lot of thought, I've decided I need to acknowledge that this morning, 12/8/12 - I've met that initial goal!

This hasn't been an easy journey for me - in fact, it's been far harder than I ever imagined it would be. Through the ups and downs though, I have to ultimately say if I had to do it over again, I'd do it. I feel like I still have a lot of road blocks and hurdles to go through. The weight came off so fast, I don't feel like I've had enough time to establish all the habits I need for lifelong maintenance - and I definitely haven't had enough time to sort out my head issues.   Everything about my life has changed since surgery - lost a relationship I thought was for life, changed jobs, changed my whole social circle; seems the only thing that didn't change was my house. At this point, I'm still very much a work in progress, but felt it was necessary to acknowledge that I made it to that goal, even if I've since bumped it down again.

frisco
on 12/8/12 1:00 pm

So Great !!!!

Congrats !!!!

You totally have the right disposition to continue on whether it's more WL or stabilize....!!!

Way to go !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

tripmom02
on 12/8/12 1:10 pm - NJ

NICE! you look amazing, even if you stayed right where you are! Love the t-shirt too, I hope you bought it, you are rocking it!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

ksommer08
on 12/8/12 1:19 pm - OH
VSG on 06/25/12
Unfortunately, no. Clothing budget being what it was, I was only after desperately needed work jeans. Just grabbed a rockin' t-shirt for a quick pic. And they wanted 40 bucks for it anyways. I can find something much cooler and cheaper at the thrift store.

tripmom02
on 12/8/12 1:23 pm - NJ

Amen sister! $40 for a t-shirt is insane! I find the most amazing vintage t's at my Salvation Army, seriously that's where I find the BEST stuff. I found an original MTV shirt, like brand new $4, can't beat it.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/12 2:47 pm

Your weight loss is amazing and you look amazing, too!

You are already there-your head is in the game, just look at what you 've done! You just need some time to settle with all the changes and own the new you.

Sleeveless
on 12/8/12 4:52 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

You look terrific! I hope to do as well as you have. Good luck with the goals you are keeping open.

Auveca
on 12/8/12 6:02 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
Wow, you do look fantastic! If you figure out that head thing...could you throw me a bone? Congrats on well done!

laurie91566
on 12/8/12 8:17 pm - OH

You look amazing !! Great job!!  Keep up the great work !! I am so happy for you !!

Debbie M.
on 12/8/12 8:49 pm - Orient, OH
VSG on 01/30/13

You look fantastic. Congrats on your success! angry

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views