I made it through!

ckpointchickie
on 1/12/13 9:35 am - IN
VSG on 11/20/12

After a week of home health care, iv feeds and blood draws through a PICC line, I finally reached hydration and good nutritional levels. Although I only had a one lb weight loss, I feel so much better! I went off iv nutrition on Dec 31st and the PICC line came out on Jan 4th. I went back to work on the 7th. The really beautiful thing is that the constant foamies subsided FINALLY. I have been exhausted by my nutritional journey, but honestly, the foamies were the worst. I have experienced them once last week and once this week but that was because I still have to teach myself to slooooowwwww down. I have lost 32.2 lbs since my surgery on 11/20. Although the high calorie iv nutrition slowed my progress, I feel like I am still on track and successful. Now, if I can just get my fiancee to stop asking what I want to drink with my meals. But I am not complaining. He has been completely wonderful through the whole process. It is just so tempting!

pineview01
on 1/12/13 9:40 am - Davison, MI

Great to hear!  Sounds like your doing good now!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

newyear_newme2013
on 1/12/13 12:56 pm
Glad to hear thing have improved so much, praying for complete healing.
Sleeveless
on 1/12/13 5:47 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

So glad you're feeling better. Hoping for smooth sailing Head!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/12/13 6:55 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Glad you feel better!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/12/13 8:25 pm

Here is a little encouragement...the first 10 days after surgery and the 10 days before surgery I was on the dreaded clear fluid diet whi*****luded chicken broth.  Well I have lymphedema which is a form of swelling where you retain lymphatic fluid...and I swelled up until my pores were weeping fluid.  So hang in there because when I came off the chicken broth, like you are off the IV fluids after about 96 hours, I started expelling (wasn't that a nice way to say it) fluids like a son of a gun.  I hope that will happen to you too.  Stay on track and please stay hydrated.  Good Luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views