Is it normal?

sassyne
on 2/7/13 11:02 am - Antioch, TN

I just started pureed foods on Tuesday, and every time I eat I feel a feeling that feels like gas and heartburn while eating. Has anyone else experienced this, or do I need to contact my surgeon. I'm 3 and a half weeks out. Also, how much could everyone eat at this point? I can barely get 5 small bites of egg in right now.

Infaith72
on 2/7/13 12:46 pm - AK
I had trouble with eggs at first. Just make sure they are really soft and small bites.
You might be having acid problems. It wouldnt hurt to ask.
Good luck
pineview01
on 2/7/13 1:01 pm - Davison, MI

We were told that scrambled eggs don't work well on puree stage.  I have had egg salad twice and could finish my 1/4 cup(2oz) either time.  I have no problem with my 1/4 cup of any other food I have tried on my list.  I'm 2.5 weeks out.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

horrible_monster
on 2/7/13 3:53 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

I haven't been there myself yet, but the pre-op nutrition class I just took recommends scrambling and then pureeing eggs during this stage. I guess merely scrambled doesn't cut it, so to speak. Apologies if I misunderstood and you are pureeing your eggs, in which case maybe they just don't agree with you yet.

I'd contact your surgeon regardless. If nothing else maybe they can hook you up with an Rx for acid or something. Good luck.

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

AppyGrl
on 2/7/13 9:51 pm
VSG on 01/23/13

I am on board with Pineview... if you feel like you need eggs then try making sure they are very softly scrambled. Maybe add a tudge of milk to the mixture before scrambling. 

Best Wishes

happyteacher
on 2/7/13 10:03 pm

Agree with others about the eggs... try them again at a later date.  The five bites thing though seems about right.  Try a different food to see if it relieves your discomfort.  And you should never hesitate to call the surgeon- you paid a gajillion dollars and that is what they are there for.  I am pretty confident that there is not a surgeon out there that would want their patient to potentially risk something very serious instead of make a phone call.  I do think you are probably ok though- it is an adjustment eating newly sleeved.  How cool is it that you are "done" eating after a few bites!  I kind of miss those days! 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

sassyne
on 2/8/13 3:01 am - Antioch, TN

Thanks everyone. I haven't been pureeing the eggs, just scrambling them then chewing down to almost liquid. I can eat tuna with mayo just fine though.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views