Celebration!

ckpointchickie
on 3/2/13 9:58 pm - IN
VSG on 11/20/12

I hit the 50 lb loss mark today!  And I was told a couple of days ago that I was "rockin' my jeans!!!"    All the naysayers that first questioned why I had the surgery are now complimenting me.  I smile to myself when I think of the comments I was getting like "why don't you just follow the bariatric diet and then you won't have to have surgery"  Yeah, right!  I am so thankful for my surgeon and my nutritionist and the entire staff at Dr. George Kerlakian's office in Cincinnati.  I am thankful I got through my initial problem of stricture and now I just have to remember to eat slowly and not take one bite too much.  Pay attention, Newbies!  There is a reason all these wonderfully kind experienced people on the forum post the advice that they do...and I am grateful for all the help those people on this forum has given me as well. 

mdusha
on 3/2/13 10:16 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Congratulations! It's so worth it, isn't it? Just goes to show...we have to do what we know to be right for ourselves instead of letting the voice of others cause us to stray from our path. You're an inspiration!

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Nancybefree
on 3/3/13 1:23 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Congratulations on that important milestone!  Keep up the great work, and keep us posted!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views