Does 'dumping-type symptoms' increase after the sleeve?

christine500
on 7/11/13 1:58 am

Ever since I had my gallbladder taken out, I have suffered from dumping type behavior.  Common I guess with the removal of your gallbladder.  I will be fine one second, and the next I will have to find a bathroom RIGHT NOW or I am in trouble (preceeded by hot flashes, stomach cramping, getting clammy, etc).

Is this going to get worse after?

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/13 2:01 am

It might in the beginning.  I found that I was more sensitive to carbs and fats early out.  I would have a mini dumping type syndrome if I ever over did it on those.  Since I was really good with my diet, I don't really  know how bad it could have gotten.  I haven't felt it is years now. 

datachick
on 7/11/13 3:58 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

My wife (RNY 8 months ago) had her gallbladder out i think two or three years ago. She just had a gallbladder-dumping episode the other night, the first I've heard of in a long time. She doesn't experience any of the sweating, salivating, wanting-to-vomit symptoms that I have felt (VSG 9 months ago) when I've had my two or three little VSG-dumping episodes. She just has to run to the bathroom. I guess it will depend on what you eat and how much and how fast.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 7/11/13 5:26 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Have not had any of that at all...ever. Nor have I ever had the foamies or vomiting or...anything. I sometimes feel like I haven't really 'experienced'  ALL of the VSG...only the weight loss. Literally nothing else. Oh...and no hair loss either. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Birdie55
on 7/11/13 6:17 am

I had my gall bladder out decades ago and I don't remember ever having a dumping episode from it.  I quit eating the greasier cuts of pork (ribs) because they gave me severe indigestion after having my GB out.  

I have had two sweaty, shakey type of episodes about a year after my VSG surgery but that was from eating something sweet.   I rarely eat sugary foods now so have not had any reactions in a couple of years.  

Have you ever been able to associate your episodes to something specific you ate?  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

christine500
on 7/11/13 6:35 am
On July 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM Pacific Time, Birdie55 wrote:

I had my gall bladder out decades ago and I don't remember ever having a dumping episode from it.  I quit eating the greasier cuts of pork (ribs) because they gave me severe indigestion after having my GB out.  

I have had two sweaty, shakey type of episodes about a year after my VSG surgery but that was from eating something sweet.   I rarely eat sugary foods now so have not had any reactions in a couple of years.  

Have you ever been able to associate your episodes to something specific you ate?  

No, I wish I could.  :(

Carmelita
on 7/11/13 7:28 am, edited 7/11/13 7:37 am - Four Corners, NM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views