I'm afraid to say it out loud, but I think I broke my stall

akr9911
on 8/10/13 11:03 am
VSG on 06/20/13

I was rewarded with a 3 pound loss on the scale this week, which for me is big news and I'm absolutely thrilled about it. I am SO glad I stopped weighing myself every day. I only weigh in on Saturday mornings now and it has improved my mental health so much not obsessing about every little ounce in any different direction.

I credit this possible break in the stall to: lots more water, several days of exercise in a row, adjusting the fiber a bit in my diet (ahem), and the cheering section provided by at least a few very helpful members here. Thanks - and if you think I'm talking about you here I assure you I am.

Yay!

Ellen

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Vanessa_M
on 8/10/13 11:32 am

Yay!!!! I know the relief of breaking a stall! I am currently in week 2 of my stall, but I am happy for you!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Skylartoniv
on 8/10/13 11:57 am
I'm in week 2 of a stall and am completly discouraged. I am 4 weeks out. Lost 22 lbs on first 2 weeks then nothing. Wth? I didn't go through all this pain to not lose weight. I have increased my water intake, I have exercised more, I have eaten less, I have eaten more. I just don't know what else to do. Any thoughts or suggestions????
Debra M.
on 8/10/13 2:11 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
Your body has things to do and when it is done rearranging things then your stall will pass. As one of our presidents was fond of saying, "Stay the course." Keep doing what you have been doing and the weight will again start coming off.

Jeannette M.
on 8/10/13 3:08 pm - CA
VSG on 10/22/12

Chin up!!  My first stall started at EXACTLY 3 weeks and lasted EXACTLY 3 weeks.  I was despondent.  I cried.  I kicked my feet.  I cursed out my poor husband many times.  Nothing made that scale move.  But I drank a BUTT LOAD of water, as much protein as i could and kept moving.  and on that 21st day, BAM!  I dropped like 5 lbs over night and then what seemed like half a pound everyday for 2 weeks.  I'm almost 10 months out now, and weight loss is starting to slow down.  I used to drop 15 lbs per month, and now its more like 8 -10.  One thing I learned is that my body knows what it's doing.  I drink my water, eat my protein and move my butt, and the weight comes off.  Sometimes I wi**** were faster, but it's coming off.  Hang in there.

2003 HW 522lbs - SW (JIB) 511lbs - LW 370lbs   2012 HW 377lbs - SW (VSG) 364lbs - CW 200

Skylartoniv
on 8/10/13 9:24 pm
Thanks guys. I know eventually it will happen but it's discouraging. I'm hanging in there. I'll just wait. 😉
LooLee
on 8/10/13 11:41 pm

Sklyar, my experience is a lot like yours. 18 lbs lost in the first three weeks then NOTHING for three weeks!  It's hard to believe the weight ISN'T coming off with the small amounts I am eating (compared to what I used to eat). It is discouraging - the only good thing is that we have no choice but to continue doing what we're doing. If this was a regular diet (weigh****chers etc..) I would have thrown in the towel but thanks to the surgery, that's not an option.  From everything I've read, we've got to just "carry on" and hopefully something will give..SOON. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 398 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views