6 Months -100+ Pounds Gone- Pics Included!

Christina_G
on 8/27/13 6:50 am, edited 8/27/13 6:52 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13

Hello All,

I just celebrated my 6 month surgiversary on August 19th. What a journey this has been! When I started this journey I weighed 317.4 pounds and today I weighed in at 214.6...Say What?!?! I had to weigh myself 3 times to make sure I read it correctly. So I have lost a total of 102.8 pounds and 54.8 inches all together. This journey has been absolutely amazing and I have learned so much about myself in the last 6 months. Things I was horrified at even thinking about doing such as running or riding my bike with the kids is now the things I love doing most. I have went kayaking, hiking, biking and so much more. This winter I plan on making a trip with my husband to go skiing for the first time ever. I amaze my husband every day with my activeness, he is surprised that when it is my turn to choose what we do as a family that I choose something like hiking or skating and that I don't always just choose a dinner and a movie like before. One of my favorite comments has come from my son, he let me know that he was really happy that he can give me a real hug now and he loves the fact that we can sit in the same chair together to read a book. When my daughter was going to the babysitter, one day I walked in the door and one of the little girls there just stopped and looked at me up and down and says "hey, you're not fat any more!!!" ....it totally made my day.

If you're on the fence about this and can't decide, just do it. It is the absolute best decision I have ever made for MYSELF. The money I spent on this was better than buying a new car or house or whatever. It was worth it. And even though I did this for ME, it has benefited so many other people. My family most of all. We do so much more than we ever have and we are so happy. And don't even get me started on the sex...lol

Well here is the some before and during shots, hopefully I'll be able to post more pictures later on that actually show my weight loss, the way these pictures are its hard to tell but I'm sure you get it. lol. My personal reward for losing 100 pounds is to get my hair done and I have an appointment coming up soon so I will definitely post more pics then. Have a wonderful day!

Today is my 6 month surgiversary! I have lost a total of 100.3 pounds so far. I couldn't be more happier with my decision to do this. I just had a family vacation that included hiking, kayaking, swimming, carnival rides, horse back riding, tons of walking and so much more. There is no way I would have been able to do all of that before, I am so thankful for this new chance at life. I can't wait to continue to live life and finally be the mother my kids deserve. Thank you all for being such a big part of this wonderful journey! :)

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Starting Weight: 317.2; Goal Weight: 160; Surgery Date: 2/19/13

Tammy S.
on 8/27/13 6:56 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 01/14/13 with
Your Lookin good, huge difference! :-) keep up the great work.

5'2, HW 297, SW 274, CW 124, GW 137 (goal reached 2/17/14)  

Christina_G
on 8/28/13 12:26 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
Thank you!

TeacherSue
on 8/27/13 7:04 am - Collinsville, IL

WOW!  Incredible job!  You look amazing!

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/13 7:05 am - NC

WOW!!!  You are an inspiration!!!  I'm hoping to have my surgery in November!  I am so excited for you!!

Christina_G
on 8/28/13 12:27 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
...Good Luck! It will be the best decision you make for you! Congratulations on getting this journey started.

Ihearttennis
on 8/27/13 7:06 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Thanks for posting. You look fantastic and are such an inspiration. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

StacyRed
on 8/27/13 7:19 am - KS
VSG on 04/01/13

You Look Absolutely Incredible!! :) You are doing AWESOME!! I have been wondering how you were doing. :)

Stacy

Keith L.
on 8/27/13 7:24 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Outstanding! You went from Hot! to HAAAWWWTTTT!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Christina_G
on 8/28/13 12:28 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
Now I'm Blushing lol Thank you Keith!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views