Onederland at last, but tainted.. so sad

JenniferRN
on 8/26/13 8:58 am - NJ
VSG on 01/22/13 with

So I FINALLY made it to Onederland yesterday. I was thrilled for about an hour until my beloved dog Daisy died. I had her for 11 years. She was a therapy dog for my special needs child and she was a family member. My three daughters and husband are devastated as well.  I was waiting for Onederland for so long and now don't even feel like celebrating. I haven't weighed in the 100's for 23 years. This was a BIG milestone for me and now I just have no joy, just overwhelming sadness.  I work in the medical field and see death often, I cannot believe I am so rattled by this. To make things worse, I have a 4 year old Yorkie, Coco whoI swear is depressed and keeps looking for Daisy. I slept with her downstairs last night thinking she would be lonely. Am I reading into that? Puppies get taken from their mothers all the time.   Ugh, sadness....

Miss150
on 8/26/13 9:06 am
You know what? It's ok to feel sad- a sad day has happened and a great loss is yours. I'm so sorry. Pets are special- and especially ones that have become family. There will be time to celebrate your weight loss, but, for today what you have on your heart is enough. God bless and comfort you. Bonnie

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

JenniferRN
on 8/26/13 9:13 am - NJ
VSG on 01/22/13 with

Thank you BOnnie, that was so comforting. 

DesertRose
on 8/26/13 9:08 am
VSG on 01/08/14

I'm so sorry you lost your Daisy, and I can totally believe that Coco is grieving for Daisy.  Animals perceive more than we humans like to give them credit for.  I hope that your family heals from this grief, and I'm sorry it coincided with your Onederland date.  It's not cool that a day that should have been joyous is tainted with grief now.

Keep your chin up.  There are a lot of people who wouldn't understand about grieving a beloved pet, but there are a lot of other people who do understand that the furry ones are family members.  Take care of you.

JenniferRN
on 8/26/13 9:14 am - NJ
VSG on 01/22/13 with

Thank you Rose. Really. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/13 9:29 am - Melrose, MA
VSG on 03/11/13

I'm so so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a beloved pet leaves such a terrible void.  I will keep you and your family (including Coco of course) in my thoughts. 

When you're ready celebrate your accomplishment. Your success will still there.

Nmmsg
on 8/26/13 9:37 am
VSG on 07/09/13
For most us who have pets, they are part of our family. I have lost dogs that I have dearly loved. It is ok to be sad. Your Onederland moment will be there for you when you are ready to celebrate. I sincerely believe our animals grieve when they lose their companion. Best wishes. Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

great.lakes.girl.
on 8/26/13 9:42 am
So sorry for you loss I lost my little girl a pug named Sadie and her death caused my boyfriend and I a great deal of sadness. Hang in there sending you positive thoughts.
Nancybefree
on 8/26/13 10:00 am, edited 8/26/13 10:00 am
VSG on 11/21/12

{{{JenniferRN and family}}}

I know how you feel about Daisy.  We lost our girl, Gracie, in March after a long struggle to maintain her quality of life, but she was 15.5yo, and it was finally her time.  I still have pangs for her sometimes and still catch myself in little habits related to when she was still with us.  They truly can become a member of the family.

I know you don't feel like celebrating your SV, but we will quietly celebrate for you.  When time begins to heal this wound, as does happen, then you will have a new one to celebrate, and it will be okay.  Take good care of yourself and your dear ones, hon.  Thank you for sharing this with us so that we can hold you in our thoughts and prayers.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

JenniferRN
on 8/27/13 11:27 am - NJ
VSG on 01/22/13 with

Thank you Nancy, your words are so kind and comforting! Thank you

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views