Whoa! Found the perfect ready-made protein... EAS Myoplex!

Jus1nita
on 10/1/13 10:37 am - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

EAS Myoplex!  This stuff is super thick and creamy and is 42g, which means I don't have to drink as many to get in my required protein per day.  Loaded it into a large shaker, filled with crushed ice, cause I think I told yall, my milk products have to be super cold, since I was a kid I would put two ice cubes in my cereal and milk.  Weird.... I know!  LOL

It's really good if you put it in a blender with ice, and make a blended drink.  For all those who are having a hard time getting protein shakes down, try making into a blended ice slushy drink, works wonders!  

hope123
on 10/1/13 11:55 am - MO

Which flavors have you tried?

Jus1nita
on 10/1/13 12:07 pm - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

I've only had chocolate.  I gave up on all the other flavors, either taste like paste or Pepto-bismal so I only do chocolate.   What I like mostly about the Myoplex is that you get 42g of Protein, rather than having to drink several drinks to get in 60 to 80 grams of protein per day.

I bought a case from Sams Club for like 28-something, but when you do the math based on the number of ounces, and the fact that you get more protein per single serving, it averaged out to the smaller drinks, such as Primier which was 18-something for a case of 12 at 11 ounces a servicing.  

hope123
on 10/1/13 12:22 pm - MO

Thanks for the suggestion!

I've been looking for something, and it's all so confusing.  I guess it's also confusing because everyone seems to differ on what they like and what they don't like regarding shakes.  I also hear a person's taste changes after surgery, so that makes it hard to try things in advance so you can be prepared.

I'll have to check Sam's and Costco to see what they have.  I'm just so nervous to finally pick something, because who knows if I'll actually like it, LOL!

I thought I saw this product in powder form on Amazon.com.  It seemed more expensive then other things I've seen, but I'll have to check that out again.

Jus1nita
on 10/1/13 12:37 pm - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

Hope, I think because protein drinks become a very huge part of WLS patients that there's this all-out quest to find the right product that fits your taste.  I shared the one I like, but in the end it really boils down to test and trial until you find  what fits you.  It's sort of fun, actually!  Reminds me of the bride that goes wedding cake tasting to find the perfect cake.  

It's pretty much how I have been dealing with my journey having fun and remaining upbeat, to look at things positively, and make light-hearted jokes about discomforts.  I'm am actually having the TIME OF MY LIFE!  

hope123
on 10/1/13 12:47 pm - MO

I hate wasting money though, but I know what you mean.  I'm just starting out this process, so I'll take all the suggestions to mind and hopefully something will work out.  Thanks for the positive vibes, and I'm glad everything is going well for you!  :-)

Kaena1068
on 10/1/13 12:13 pm

I looooooooove mypolex!! Have only ever had the chocolate.   I haven't seen the powder, only the premade drinks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views