This waiting is not good for me

Lovemycurves
on 10/21/13 3:12 am
Just spoke with UHC and I was told that the coding submitted by my surgeon is being reviewed by the MD and a decision should be made by today or tomorrow praying for an approval. I really need a decision to be made soon because the longer I wait I'm finding reasons to change my mind even though I know its the best decision for me.
mickeymantle
on 10/21/13 3:30 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

just get naked and take a bunch of pictures of your self , and take a good look , do you like what you see ?looking in the mirror does not work as good you see in the mirror what you want to but a picture does not lie , good to print a few for the frig when you want to cheat  on your plan

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Lovemycurves
on 10/21/13 4:09 am
I'm not sure if you were laughing when you wrote it but I literally laughed out loud reading it. Thanks for the advice.
APhoenixAlwaysRises
on 10/21/13 8:51 am, edited 10/21/13 8:52 am
VSG on 11/05/13

That is so true. Pictures were the very thing that got me out of denial of how large I had gotten. Now when I have my doubts I go look in the awful and hidden in the corner full length mirror. I avoid that thing like the plague. When I thought I wanted to back out I forced myself to go stand in front of it in my underwear. YIKES! That changed my mind real quick. I realized I was doing the right thing for my self esteem and my health. Now I am 2 weeks from my new beginning and I can hardly wait. You got this! 

Mrs_Desire _
on 10/21/13 10:56 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

You have a GREAT idea!!!! I am going to take a bunch of semi naked pictures and post them around my house.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

sleonar1
on 10/21/13 3:35 am

I know exactly how you are feeling, just finally got an answer last week that I am able to proceed with surgery next month after waiting since June to find out a date. Hang in there :-)

Lovemycurves
on 10/21/13 4:10 am
That's great...keep us posted on your journey!
tabethav
on 10/21/13 3:37 am - Glen Burnie, MD

How long have you been waiting for? I have UHC also. My surgeon's office is submitting my paperwork this week. Just curious as to how long it takes for approval? Thanks!

I wish you luck on your journey!

<3Tabethav<3

Lovemycurves
on 10/21/13 3:58 am
My paperwork was submitted on the 9th. I was told that a decision should be made within 15 calendar days from the submission date.

Hope everything goes well for you

pharmagirl_45
on 10/21/13 5:12 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

We were submitted the same day and that's how long my insurance co told me 15 days! lol  Maybe we will have the same surgery date!indecision

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views