30 Day Milestone (Late Post)

Jus1nita
on 11/3/13 8:18 am - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

Whewww! I reached a significant milestone today.  I am back at the weight I was a year ago after losing 30 pounds on Weigh****chers, which I was unsuccessful at keeping off.  This was my 3rd time on Weigh****chers, and I never lost more than 40 lbs. before returning back to my old habits of stress-eating, eating to compensate for other "non-food cravings" (people who are celibate will know what I'm talking about... LOL), weekend restaurant binges, and special-event eating, which went way past the event, and eventually turned into 1-week off, 2-week off, and the next thing I knew I was completely off the plan with no return in sight.    

What's so significant now, is that the same 30 lbs. I lost on Weigh****chers, which took approximately 9 months to lose, came off in 30 days with the VSG, and I have refrained from the recent office event-eating, I'm no longer hungry even when I get stressed, or eat a ton of sweets and carbs to make up for lack of sleep.  

With my very busy lifestyle as a full-time single mom, working full-time, and earning my bachelors full-time online, I only get roughly 4 hours of sleep per day, and I would eat and graze to compensate for the lack of sleep, which is why I made the ultimate decision to get the VSG as a restriction to assist me with staying on plan.

Now, my every waking hour is not consumed with thoughts of food and grazing to pep me up and given me the energy I need.  In fact, I have more energy now than I had before.  I am however, doing better with getting more sleep because the VSG is not a magic cure.  I realize I still need to eat right, exercise, drink my water, and most of all.... REST!  

It's Just Nita saying.... STAYING BEAUTIFUL! 

Vanessa_M
on 11/3/13 9:00 am

Keep staying beautiful! It It comes through in all of your posts. Congrats on the first 30. The party is just starting! 

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Jus1nita
on 11/3/13 9:24 am - TX
VSG on 09/23/13
Thank you! I try to maintain a positive attitude. A few weeks ago I was going through an emotional whirlpool, and I remember crying to my guy in frustration and anger. I told him in the past, I would have just had a delicious meal and everything would have been alright.... He blew me a kiss through the phone instead and told me to sit down somewhere and stop with the drama. LOL I had no other choice but to learn alternative coping techniques instead of eating and grazing!

Vanessa_M
on 11/3/13 11:32 am

One of the funniest things that has happened to me is that one day I was frustrated and angry about who knows what and then I got frustrated and angry because I couldn't have something to eat to make myself feel better, so I laced up my sneakers and went for a walk.  I had to laugh a little because it was so different from the old Vanessa!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Jus1nita
on 11/3/13 3:23 pm - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

OMG! That was sooooo me!  I got frustrated because I was frustrated.  Normally when I get frustrated or on edge about something, I would turn to food and I could vent my frustration through food, so I became frustrated with that.  CRAZY!   surprise   LOL

I'm OK now, but it was definitely a turning point in learning new ways to cope.  

Renee3737
on 11/3/13 9:06 am
VSG on 08/20/13
Congratulations, you are doing awesome. Get, plenty of sleep.

HW: 318.6  SW: 303.6  CW: 184.5 (6/02/14)

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/13 9:07 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

Congrats on the weight loss! You definitely will have more energy as the weight keeps off! Keep up the great attitude and much success in your continued weight loss!

Tracy D.
on 11/3/13 9:20 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13
Way to go, Nita! You're doing great

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

purplepassion70
on 11/3/13 12:20 pm - Brenham, TX

Way to go Nita, I never lost past 40 with weigh****chers either.  congrats on your loss so far.  I start my pre-op on Tuesday.

Jus1nita
on 11/3/13 3:35 pm - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

Yayyyy for you!  It is definitely a wonderful journey! I was just determined from the beginning that I was going to have fun on this journey through the good and the bad, the burps, the awful protein drinks, which my doctor has so graciously told me I no longer have to drink.  Now, I have roughly 10 cases of protein drinks.  LOL  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views