Tendinitis *Knee* ??

jacreasy
on 11/11/13 11:19 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

Those of you that have had an injury working out or over doing it what are your suggestions??  I went to the orthopedic doctor and I have tendinitis in my right knee, it is swollen and hurts just a tiny bit.  I have avoided the gym for 10 days and went this past sat doc said I could do elliptical and bike and swim along with upper body weights.  I did the elliptical really slow (my grandmother could have beat me lol) and a weight class but only did upper body.

Welllllllll knee isn't any better :( How long does this take?  Doc told me not to Run or do Squats for 6 weeks but this not going to the gym is killing me.  You would think I wouldn't eat crap knowing I cant go to the gym but of course that hasn't stopped me.  I do however eat basically what ever I want b/c i am very active 4-5 days a week at gym Just curious of how long this will go on???

Any feed back is welcome Thanks:) 

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

mkvand
on 11/13/13 6:51 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Tendons have significantly less blood flow than muscles or bones, and take correspondingly longer to heal.  It will be months before your knee is completely better.  You can still exercise in the meantime, just make sure you pick exercises that won't aggravate the injury.  Also, have they figured out what caused the tendonitis?  If you don't correct the underlying cause, it will never heal.  In my case, I had tendonitis in my knee because of pain in my foot.  I was favoring the foot, and the change in gait cause the knee problems.  To fix it, I went back to wearing a foot and ankle brace.  It doesn't help with the foot pain, but my knee feels a lot better.

jacreasy
on 11/13/13 7:37 pm
VSG on 04/23/12
Thanks for replying. .. clearly no one else did lol. .. I believe it has come from over using it at the gym. I take a class called body Attack lol that it is, so I'm just going to stay away from that one for now on. ... I am a gym rat now so it's killing me not to go I'm going to try and walk during lunch at work today and gym on sun we will see I well do anything for this to go away I need to be able to workout so I don't go backwards :(

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

mkvand
on 11/14/13 6:44 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

You should still be able to go be a gym rat, just with different exercises.  Have you talked to a physical therapist about designing an exercise program?  PT is a very common prescription for tendonitis. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views