Hospitalized with Jaundice

DancingNurse
on 2/22/14 11:14 pm - NY

Hi all!

It's day 4 in the hospital...6 weeks post op and I am experiencing Nausea, diarrhea & now Jaundice.  When I got here I had back pain and abdominal pain which since has stopped. I'm starting to freak out.  The Md's are running all types of test and still I'm yellow.  Has this happened to anyone else.

DancingNurse

pharmagirl_45
on 2/22/14 11:21 pm - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I'm praying that everything goes ok!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

DancingNurse
on 2/23/14 5:54 am - NY

Thanks for your prayers.  The good thing is my sleeve is fine, no leaks.

DancingNurse

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/14 11:30 pm - Canada

I'm sorry this is happening and I completely understand how you feel.  I have had complications since day one!  This is what has happened to me to date http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/5187592/Complications- would-I-do-it-again/ I never had jaundice though I did have the back pain, nausea and diarrhea.  

After 7 weeks in the hospital I learned a few things.  

• Take one day, one test at a time.  
  • Don't look ahead to the what-ifs (I know it's hard to do but it drives you crazy).
  • Take the medication that is offered (don't be a hero if you are in pain).  
  • Do little things to help you feel normal (make your bed, wear your own pj's, get your own pillow and a lap blanket)
  • Read, watch TV, draw... whatever it takes to help the days pass.
  • Get to know some of your fellow patients...some were in there as long as I was and it was nice to have someone to talk to.
  • Pray if you are so inclined.  God helped me get through some dark times.

I will keep you in my prayers.  God Bless.

DancingNurse
on 2/23/14 5:57 am - NY

Thank you so much for your encouraging advice and prayers. And Yes I'm praying and keeping the word in my thoughts.

Tam 

DancingNurse

Scribbler
on 2/22/14 11:36 pm

I'm not a doctor (which is probably a good thing), I've not had that sort of thing happen, and I can't speculate, but this sure sounds scary for you. I'm glad you're getting it checked out (even if hospital stays suck) and hope the docs find and treat your problem soon! Please try not to freak out too much?

DancingNurse
on 2/23/14 6:00 am - NY

Scribbler, 

Thanks for the encouragement, thats it! So many want to diagnose me (family & friends). Scaring me!  I've since tuned them out, they're not doctors 

The good thing is my Bilirubin levels are going down and I'm getting my color back. ❤️👍

Tam

DancingNurse

Scribbler
on 2/23/14 6:54 am

Haha... don't let them google your symptoms! I always say, Dr. Google is the worst doctor in the world! He doesn't even have a medical degree. Don't trust him! If you ask him about a stomach ache, he'll tell you that you have cancer!  

I'm glad you are getting your color back. Does Bilirubin going down mean your liver is ok? Hopefully it is a minor side effect of the surgery that will go away?

I'm glad you're getting the care you need!

PrincessPR
on 2/23/14 1:36 pm
VSG on 12/17/13

Get well soon!!!

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” ~Vince Lombardi   Join me and help those with cancer!!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views