Surgery was Friday....

jessica1371
on 9/1/14 11:37 am - Elgin, IL
VSG on 08/29/14

So I went in Friday for my sleeve, doc found out I also had a hernia and fixed that while he was in there.;) I will start off by saying I have a high pain tolerance. Friday night was horrible for me... I had a lot of pain, unbelievable nausea, and it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Saturday I went for my leak test and vomited during it, and didn't stop. They had me on 4 nausea medications. I asked if I can stop taking the pain med dilaudid, as I thought it was that, well it was! I switched over to Tylenol and the nausea calmed down.

I still had alot of pressure due to the "air" that was used. Was finally released today. Showers worked wonders to help calm down. Today I kept down liquids!! After all that I am happily only gained 2 pounds, considering I was on IV after IV..LOL Well I'm still experiencing pressure in my chest and upper back, but doing ok. On the flip side my stomach feel friggin awesome, incisions look awesome... no issue..LOL trying to figure out my limits, but seem to be stopping at the 3oz mark for each meal. Seems to be working!!

My surgeon said, there are a few patients that need and extra day... it's not the norm.

Hugs Jess

STATS: 5'7" HW: 424 (Jan 2014)   SW: 391 (Aug 2014)  CW: 323 (Jan 2015)

kellyomama
on 9/1/14 12:14 pm

Yay!! Congrats and welcome to the loser's bench. I am 20 days out and already fitting in things I haven't in years! 

I had wicked nausea, too. Took me a two day stay to get over mine. Glad you're feeling good! Can't wait to hear your next updates!

Kelly

tomsgirl6112
on 9/1/14 12:44 pm - PA
RNY on 01/15/15

Way to go.  You have accomplished so much in a very little time....your new journey in life has now started.  I can not wait until my starts.  I have 2 more months before I am done with pre op dr. visits, classes and evals.

Nicki08
on 9/1/14 1:13 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

ive been waiting to hear from you...sorry you had a rough start..would love to hear more details...ill be at alexian....in two weeks from yesterday...

pineview01
on 9/1/14 2:59 pm - Davison, MI

I was lucky my sister and daughter had gone thru it first.  I had learned from them that the pain meds made them sick.  After I pushed the button a few times and it made me sick, I had them take it down and was fine.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Calaska
on 9/1/14 3:46 pm - AK
VSG on 08/18/14

I'm so sorry you had such an ugly experience. Luckily, you found out what was causing the nausea. I think I paid my nausea dues during my pregnancies. I had none after my VSG. 

Good luck!

~Jan

58 yo female, 5'9" HW: 297 SW: 285  Surgery W: 252. CW: 224.8 GW: 160        

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass

Kelly Jean
on 9/2/14 12:13 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Ughhhhhh that sucked sorry you had to deal with that!!! But congratulations on your new sleeve and welcome to the best of your life !!! :-) 

♡ Kelly

Tracy D.
on 9/2/14 12:13 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench, Jess! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 145 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 419 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 439 views