LADIES: fashion advice. Dealing with a Panni under clothes

Kfromak
on 9/6/14 12:02 am

Major help here fellow vsgers. I have a wedding to attend in 9 days. I ordered a lovely dress that is extremely flattering everywhere but my gut. It looks disgusting. I tried spanx compression shorts and it helped but not much. My question is; what compression wear will help the most?

im kind of out of luck if I can't figure this out. I live in an isolated community in Alaska and we have zero stores that sell semi formal clothing. Heeeeeeellllllppppp!!

Kfromak
on 9/6/14 12:03 am

Quick weight update, I'm now down 51 pounds. 

jenn1469
on 9/6/14 12:39 am

I think spax are the best made buy a cheap one at Walmart and wear two maybe idk

Jennifer

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/6/14 1:02 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Macy's has good shapewear and they ship. Have a look on their website for maximum control ones. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

jenorama
on 9/6/14 3:27 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

You might have to go heavy duty for this one. I've found that Spanx are often not strong enough. Look for things that are firm or maximum control. Let us know what you find!

Jen

KathyA999
on 9/6/14 4:23 am

Have to agree with Jenorama.  Spanx doesn't have enough compression for me.  I like Lipo in a Box, you can order online.  Also Kohl's has a brand (can't remember the name) that's pretty good.  I get the kind that goes under the boobs (to prevent the uniboob look) and have hooks in the crotch.  Doesn't roll up, LOL!  Have fun at the wedding, you'll be blowing people away with your new look!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Jennsumner722
on 9/6/14 5:26 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

If you go on the spanx website the have maximum control ones too.

Valerie G.
on 9/6/14 5:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I believe it's Kyomara (sp) that has an amazing suspender strapped unitard that goes from under bra to the knees, with a split crotch to pee from.  It's mail-order, though.  I'd say your best bet would be to double up with a cami shaper and a bottom shaper all-in-one.  My Hubs calls that effect "FT.Knox", but it does the trick.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

grayC
on 9/6/14 5:55 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I like Assets, I find them in target...

much more firm than Spanx..

I buy the thigh control brief only b/c they don't have a regular brief,

That goes all the way up to under my boobs..

they are tricky to get on, but once on very comfy!!

order a size smaller too for maximum suck it in effect!!

Kfromak
on 9/6/14 6:30 am

not smart enough to post a pic to a thread. haha. perhaps someone can help me out with that.

GOOD NEWS!

I took the dress to Fred Meyer and tried on just about every combination of compression gear underneath it. what I came up with was on swimsuit type piece-maximum control. one size smaller than I wear. On top of that I used a medium control slip that has a swimsuit type thing under the slip. I can still notice it but its so much better.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 398 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views