Four month surgiversary - reflections

greensleeved
on 11/10/14 10:39 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Four months ago today I was in Mexico getting sleeved. Here are some of the random things on my mind today.

1. This journey is not for whimps. Surgery is not a magic cure and all that emotional **** you buried will come to the surface. Be sure you are armed and ready. I'm so thankful I got a therapist, and she's sending me to a psychiatrist to see if there is a better approach to anti-depressants. anti-anxiety medication than my GP's. 

2. I don't miss carbs that much. I go full fat and it feels so decadent that I don't often miss the bread and pasta. When I do the craving is intense but short lived. So far I am eating some carbs, but if a moderate approach doesn't work long term I could go cold turkey.

3. Oddly, I feel LESS confident in some ways. I used my fat as a shield and now that shield is gone.

4. I don't mind looking at myself. I've lost 66 lbs. in 4 months and if I never lost another I would still have gained the ability to get dressed without cringing, look at myself with approval, and have my picture taken. I let my weight stop those things and now I have them back.

5. I'm more social. I feel better so I want to be around people and do more.

6. Exercise still sucks and I don't do it enough. Wish I could turn the corner on this one.

7. Every night as I watch my sleeping daughter I am thankful that I will probably be around longer now than I would have been.

Wishing everyone continued success on your own journeys!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Tlove6
on 11/10/14 10:58 am

Ditto, ditto, DITTO! I'm almost 5 mos out and completely hear ya! We also have similar stats! I was 283 at first, then 270 at surgery. I'm down 65!

Im having trouble with snacking. It's all decent stuff, but too much grazing and I'm addicted to Quinoa chips!

Halloween was a success. Had a few pieces over the past week or two. Wish I didn't have any, but is that reasonable? I can't help but worry that moderation will backfire. Then I worry that deprivation will backfire. 

What's your plan?

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

Tracy D.
on 11/11/14 2:13 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Nice post - glad you are having so many positive experiences!  Keep up the great work 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

alib1976
on 11/11/14 4:03 am
VSG on 10/16/14

Thanks for posting this!!!   I need to tape number one to my head for the way some of the ill-informed people that I deal with, never mind one of my co-workers was happily blabbing it to everyone where I was for two weeks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 145 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 438 views