Bcbs highmark of wv?

conandjaysmom
on 7/23/15 3:12 pm - point pleasant, WV

Anyone have this insurance? I just signed up for it and am getting conflicting information on whether or not the sleeve is covered and criteria

Thank u. 

Mary B.
on 7/23/15 3:33 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

I have bcbs of az and they do cover the sleeve.  I started my research by searching for BARIATRIC in their online benefits booklet and saw that it was covered.  after that I sent them an email for details because the description of what they required was too complicated for me to follow.  If all else fails, give them a call.

Good luck--hope it's covered for you.

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

hollykim
on 7/23/15 3:55 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 23, 2015 at 3:12 PM Pacific Time, conandjaysmom wrote:

Anyone have this insurance? I just signed up for it and am getting conflicting information on whether or not the sleeve is covered and criteria

Thank u. 

if your coverage is thru your employer,it will depend on of your employer bought WLS coverage for its employees.

All insurance companies cover the surgery,IF, an employer buys the coverage. If they don't buy the coverage,WLS is considered an excluded procedure.

conandjaysmom
on 7/23/15 3:59 pm - point pleasant, WV

No I self bought insurance and it's confusing so called them and I'm still not sure if vsg is covered . They couldn't give me a straight answer but my coordinator for the program says they do and all i need now is my last2 pcp visits I hope she's right.

hollykim
on 7/23/15 4:02 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I hope so too!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views