I think I'm the luckiest sleeve in the world.

Mathew M.
on 7/26/15 12:25 am

Seriously...I really think I hit the VSG lottery.  I was on my feet an hour after surgery while still in the recovery room.  I had no trouble at all taking in water and fluids from the moment they allowed it.  I have not had one single instance of nausea.  I finished my first month of previcid nearly a week ago and have no heart burn or indigestion whatsoever.  I am eating solid foods at just 5 weeks out with no trouble at all. I have been doing so well that my surgeon and nutritionist said that as long as my stomache feels fine, I was able to progress right through the chopped foods to where I am now.  I did have the typical three week stall, which lasted a week, but when it stopped with a vengeance and the weight began falling off again like crazy.  I am just over 5 weeks out of surgery, feel great, can drink my two liters of water with no trouble, and meet my protein goals easily with food alone/no protein shakes.  I am so blown away, and in this 5 weeks since surgery, I have dropped 34 pounds!!!  I am not hungry, feel totally full and satisfied with my 6 mini meals a day, totalling about 650 calories....this for a man who could inhale 650 calories in an afternoon snack.  

Part of me is nervous that things have gone far too well and there is another shoe out there waiting to drop.  But for the most part, I am just so grateful that I got so lucky.  

49 years old, male.

5'11", HW:306, SW:284, CW:194.5, Goal:195lbs.VSG 6/19/15, Dr. Scott Cunneen at Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles.

karasmom
on 7/26/15 2:37 am

Congrats!  I say enjoy the ride.

psychoticparrot
on 7/26/15 6:37 am

You're on a roll! Enjoy it! There are some sleevers who sail through the whole process to goal with little to no trouble. If you're one of them, great! Don't worry too much about the possibility of getting a complication along the way. You'll get through that, too.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

ChubbyHubby82
on 7/26/15 10:51 am
VSG on 07/06/15

I've had a couple hiccups but like you not any nausea or pain to speak of...a wild ride is just starting! 

judyoz
on 7/26/15 4:06 pm

I am exactly like you, easy peasy.  I am also waiting for something to go wrong!  

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/15 4:57 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Congrats, you lucked out! My husband and I both had insanely easy recoveries too (I had RNY; he had VSG). Neither of us had any nausea, and we're both eating normally now (as normally as we should be for the long term anyway, not what we used to consider "normal"). Neither of us has found any foods we can't tolerate, either, although there are some things we've purposefully not tried (sweets for him, bread for me).

E_Saenz
on 7/26/15 7:25 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Wow 5 wks out and 51 lvs to goal that's great!  Congratulations!

Elia Maria Saenz

Cardamom
on 7/26/15 7:54 pm
with

Such an invigorating update! That's so great for you!! Stay positive 😀

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op