Liquid diet starts on 11/9

b3th2882
on 11/2/15 4:13 pm

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how everyone reacted to their liquid diets pre-surgery. I'm worried that I'm going to have caffeine/sugar migraines, and that the "hunger" won't go away. My diet is 3 shakes a day (provided by my doctor), and broth/sugar-free jello.

No more coffee?? How do I function?

Will I spend the whole two weeks with my stomach growling?

I was debating starting the liquid diet early so I can get over the headache away from work... thoughts?

My VSG surgery set is for 11/23 :)

VSG Surgery date: 11/23/2015, 33yr F, HW: 278.2

Wyldblu
on 11/2/15 4:17 pm

For me, i stopped feeling starved to death by the 4th day. After that, it was more of a.....breeze. I had surgery on 10/29 and still have 2 weeks of a full liquid diet. I am not hungry at all. I just miss actually...eating. lol

Wyldblu

b3th2882
on 11/2/15 5:18 pm

That's good to hear that you stopped feeling starved to death after 4 days :) And even better that you're not hungry now! I've heard actually eating again is the best lol, congrats on the recent surgery!!!

VSG Surgery date: 11/23/2015, 33yr F, HW: 278.2

paflyersgal
on 11/2/15 7:08 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

I was on a 600 calorie diet for two weeks pre-op and on clear liquids only for 24 hours. However; the 2 weeks post-op liquid diet killed me!! LOL I never really got any headaches, but I crave coffee so bad!!! My doctor recommended I don't touch coffee until I am 8 weeks out.. so I still have another 4 weeks to go.. by that I might have kicked the habit.. LOL.. I doubt it.. but.. it's a good thought!! I was also so sick of broth and cream of chicken soup.. that once my 2 weeks were up I couldn't wait to eat some eggs.. I have one more wee****il I get soft food like chicken salad and tuna salad.. and believe me I can't wait.. I hate eggs right about now.. LOL.. good luck!!! best wishes in your journey!!

Karen

sds0029
on 11/3/15 4:25 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

I thank god my dr only required a 2 day liquid diet prior to surgery. The other 12 days prior was liquid plus a lean meal(meat and vegetables). Going low carb and eliminating diet sodas were enough to deal with. I also was allowed coffee pre and post op. My coffee intake is 2 cups in am. Post op the restriction as with any liquid was sips.

Best of luck . I love love what my sleeve has done for me. I'm 9.5 months out, lost 98.8 lbs so far. I post this bc the my ticker won't update.

Sandra F.
on 11/3/15 5:54 am

I had a 10 day pre-op diet that included 2 shakes and a healthy protein for dinner. It was awful and probably the worst thing that I went through. I was ravenously hungry the entire time. Just know that you will get through it and things will be better soon.

Most Active