Starting to feel human again

b3th2882
on 12/1/15 6:23 pm

8 days after I got sleeved and I'm starting to finally feel better!! Yay!!!

I'm sure everyone experiences that moment of 'worst decision ever, why did I do this to myself', and I'm thrilled that has passed and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

I'm starting to crave food, which is new postop, but such a relief to my psyche and has almost made me feel normal weirdly enough.  

I'm finally losing weight, did anyone gain the first week after surgery? Surgery day I weighed 264.2, when I weighed myself at home 3 days later I was 275, pretty disturbing but I chalked it up to retaining water and swelling. I'm happy to report the scale now says 259.6 - woooo!

VSG Surgery date: 11/23/2015, 33yr F, HW: 278.2

paflyersgal
on 12/1/15 6:42 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

So glad you're feeling better!! Yes I gained weight while in the hospital. I figured it was the fact that I was on IV fluids and not doing much but sleeping. 

I did have that same thought!! The day of my surgery, my boyfriend texted me and called me at least 20 times before I was "awake" enough to even think about responding, when I called him the first thing I said was " babe why didn't you talk me out of doing this" lol but in my defense I was on morphine! Lol. By the next morning I was doing much better.. However; I accepted the morphine :) I didn't use any pain meds after I left the hospital though!

Grats on your loss it will only get better!! Best of luck always!! 

Karen

Starlene02
on 12/1/15 10:21 pm, edited 12/1/15 2:21 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

Most everyone weighs more postop. It's all the IV fluids and swelling. I weighed 248 going in and came home at 258 which was my high weight to begin with. It took me several days before the scale started moving. According to my FitnessPal I lose about 1.4 lbs every 2-3 days at the moment. I go in for my first check up tomorrow and I'll officially be 3 weeks post op. You're doing great if you're feeling human after 8 days! I still have absolutely no energy and I get crazy dizzy if I try to use my treadmill! I'm working on it but it's a process! I'm still on liquids for the rest of this week so I'm sure my energy will pick up once my calorie intake changes. It's a struggle to meet 200-300 calories right now. Everyone is different so I'm not stressing it.

Best of luck to you on your new journey!

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

twiddleDee
on 12/2/15 6:19 am

You've made it this far, and know you "survived" Ha!  Not everyone bounces right back after the first week or two. those who do, are lucky!!  I measured how I was feeling by each week anniversary.  Some days you just don't feel good, either something you ate doesn't agree with you or over did something to soon (exercise maybe?) but time is your best friend, the farther out from  surgery, the better and better you feel!! Good luck on your journey!! Dee

Luvmygs
on 12/2/15 7:47 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Yes, when I arrived home after my surgery I said to my husband "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!" But within 2 weeks I started feeling so much better. I also craved food and I blame that on the liquid diet pre-op and post. Once I started eating more protein, my cravings went away. I'm going to be 1-year on Friday and I can now honestly say this has been the BEST thing I could have ever done for myself. Life is good!

Most Active