Uh oh.... 10 days post o

b3th2882
on 12/3/15 2:24 pm

Let me preface this by saying I already called my doctor and am going in for an appointment tomorrow morning...

So I woke up this morning, and walked into the bathroom only to notice a quarter sized blood stain on my shirt at an incision site. It was not actively bleeding, so I tried to maintain composure and think logically - maybe I did something in my sleep? I put a bandaid over it (I still have the surgical tape on my incisions) and changed my shirt. 

Fast forward 2 hours, and I notice I've bled onto my shirt again. The incision is 'weeping' brown blood. It's not fresh red, but looks like dried blood, but still wet. Anyone heard of, or seen this before? I am pretty bruised there, maybe that's coming out? 

VSG Surgery date: 11/23/2015, 33yr F, HW: 278.2

Spencerella
on 12/3/15 2:48 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

It's good you're seeing your doc tomorrow because you can't be too careful at 10 days post op!  From what you're describing, it may very well be the pooled blood from your bruise (hematoma) oozing from behind your incision, so hopefully it's something as simple (and harmless) as that!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

ubserved
on 12/3/15 2:58 pm

Brown blood is old blood, it's not red anymore because it's no longer oxygenated. It sounds like weeping from a bruise or there was a little blood pocket that is seeping. It's good that you are seeing your doctor tomorrow. I wouldn't worry about waking up with all your innerds on the bed next to you. Good luck.

jennyayers1
on 12/4/15 1:08 pm

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I did have a laproscopic surgery to remove my gallbladder and that was similar to what I had on my larger incision where the gallbladder was removed. I'm sure you're fine, but like the previous poster said, it is better to be safe than sorry. 

Most Active