I've been bad...

paflyersgal
on 12/20/15 6:04 am
VSG on 10/06/15

So.. last week and this week.. I have lost 1lb a week. I'm so sad.. but I only have myself to blame. I've been very naughty though, and I know it!!

Christmas parities, eating cookies.. candy.. cheesecake.. ugh what was I thinking!!! I am just naughty! Santa is so going to skip my house this year for sure!! On a side note.. not that it makes it okay because it doesn't.. but I didn't "pig out" or anything. I had maybe 2 chocolates, a handful of cookies and three bites of cheesecake.. but it was still not the right choice and I know it!

Today is a new day though.. I am getting my butt back into gear and getting in my water and protein and staying far away from the refined sugar!! I know I had a lapse of judgement and I let the temptation get to me. I have to be stronger, I didn't come this far to screw it all up now.

Sometimes I wish my Garmin would give me a jolt of electric shock every time I even thought about eating something naughty! LOL

Have a wonderful day everyone, and do as I say not as I do! Stay away from the holiday treats the best you can, because you will only end up being mad at yourself for the poor choices you've made. I know I was bad, but I have to get back up on the horse and keep on trucking!

P.S. This post is really just my self confession that I felt I needed to do to make myself realize that it was truly the wrong choice, but it was okay, and that I need to make better choices and my health always comes first. So don't be the bad me!! Eat the protein!

Karen

Loser2542
on 12/20/15 8:30 am

I've discovered that learning to get back on track is an important skill to learn. 

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

happyteacher
on 12/20/15 8:35 am

A cheating mindset will not be helpful long term. True, it is not good choices for the weight loss phase- but it certianly does not mean that you can't be succussful. Learn from it, adjust, and let go of all of the negative emotion. Put that energy toward something more positive and be gentle with yourself!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ubserved
on 12/20/15 12:17 pm

I wouldn't be too upset about it, an occasional what the hell did I just do day, especially over a holiday isn't going to derail you anymore than a traffic ticket is going to turn you into a hardened criminal lol. I am almost 5 weeks post op and I was at my desk in my home office the other day and had 30 things going on at one time while I was eating some chili. Well I wasn'****ching out for how I normally eat, a spoonful, set it down, do some work, 4-5 minutes later have another spoonful, etc. Before I knew it with dealing with phone calls, emails, paperwork, I had ate too fast and felt like I was going to hurl. Thankfully I didn't, but for like 10 minutes I felt awful, now I don't eat at my desk, if I have work to do that I can't put aside, I grab a protein shake instead, my point is, that experience other than a learning lesson isn't going to derail me, neither is your 3 bits of cheese cake, etc unless you are going to do it everyday. So consider this your absolution. 8)

Spencerella
on 12/21/15 8:53 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I try to move on fairly quickly, but before I do that I spend some time reflecting on what led me to the behavior and how I could respond differently next time. It's the learning that makes something good out of these off plan events. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 267 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views