Weight gain at 3 months post-op..

paflyersgal
on 1/14/16 6:34 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

I've been doing really good.. Or so I thought. This week though.. I've gained 2.6 lbs  I've been logging my food, getting in my protein and water and doing my steps. is it normal to gain weight this early after surgery? I'm kinda sad, feel like I am doing something wrong. Maybe it's jus****er weight .. And waiting for my TOM to come along. It's still hard to take. I only weigh myself once a week, I try not to let the scale own me, but gains are not what I like to see.. Just bummed... 

Karen

NateH
on 1/14/16 7:10 pm
VSG on 09/26/14

It's easy to get discouraged, but keep working. Re-examine your food logs and check your water intake. I had to up my water to see more results. Also, try leaner proteins (turkey) and be sure to log everything you eat including snacks. Stay positive! 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

White Dove
on 1/14/16 7:50 pm - Warren, OH

I have a scale that measures water weight.  If I gain or lose I look at the water weight and see if it has changed. Usually the change in water equals the difference in pounds.  TOM can put you up five pounds easily. 

Drinking more water usually helps.  If the body does not get enough water coming in, it will hold on to every drop it has.  Make sure you are following your plan and try adding an extra few glasses of water a day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Darcy G.
on 1/15/16 12:29 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Sorry to hijack, but can you tell me what scale you use, Dove? :) My scale-intelligence is pretty much in the negatives, and I'm looking for a better one. One that shows water weight would be fab.

I'm still pre-op(6th nut visit coming Tuesday woo!), but as for water weight and TOM, I start putting on water weight about 3 days after I ovulate and it absolutely won't budge for me until midway through the time when Wes Craven is at my house... Then I can suddenly drop 4-6 pounds in 2-3 days.  TOM could definitely be the culprit.

White Dove
on 1/15/16 1:34 pm - Warren, OH

Garmin Index scale just became available in December of last year.  Gives weight, BMI, water weight, muscle weight, fat percentage and bone weight.  It uploads to my computer and my iPhone.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Darcy G.
on 1/15/16 2:32 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Awesome, thank you! :)

acbbrown
on 1/14/16 9:05 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Look at your food. Calculate your calories. Did you eat 8500-9000 extra calories this week?? If not then you know you did not "gain" weight. The scale is a horrible ******g indicator sometimes. 

As a control freak, I naturally tended to believe I could control the number on the scale. I did not make peace with the scale until I fully came to believe - I have no control over that number. All I can control is what, when, why and how much I eat. That's it. If you can't control something and you recognize that...you won't go insane over the number. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Tracy D.
on 1/15/16 8:56 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

If you are doing everything as perfectly as you state, then you have no worries - none! Women can easily retain up to half a gallon of excess water before their periods.  A half-gallon of water weighs 4 lbs. 

Just because the scale goes up doesn't mean you're not losing FAT.  FAT is what you want to lose, not weight.  You can lose an easy 5 lbs. by chopping off your arm...but would you want to? 

Stay the course - you're fine. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

GoBlueGirl1998
on 1/15/16 9:17 am - MI

Keep working the plan and stay true to it.....it won't fail you!! Thinks about ALL the weight you have lost!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

gwen41502
on 1/18/16 7:25 am

2.6 pounds could be from anything dont sweat it lol if you are worried stay off the scales for 2 weeks eat leaner meats tweak your diet a little see what happens thats what i do usually when i am not losing its because im not getting enough protein or im eating to many carbs :( im not perfect i still make mistakes but im working on them everyday so remember you got this!!! look how far you have came my starting weight was 381 yrs ago then 365 then 345 then 312 now im 260 a number i never thought i would see ...so we can do this we just gotta work hard and focus sometimes that scale can be your own worst enemy ...lol put it away for a few weeks revamp and then weigh you may do better :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views