Weeks 51 - 52! How did you lose the last 15 pounds?

Ron R.
on 3/7/16 6:47 am

The first 170 pounds looks like the easy part now.  While I'm certainly not discouraged by slower weight loss rates I'd like to ask how you handled the last little bit. Just 15 pounds until i get to my "normal" weight and from where I planl maintain for my lifetime.  My thinking at this point is that it's probably going to take another 3 months maybe more. How'd it go for you?

GoBlueGirl1998
on 3/7/16 9:08 am - MI

I have four lbs to go.....I track everything and workout frequently. The scale may not be moving, but I went down another size in my pants. This morning I put on a lighter jacket that I haven't worn in a month and it was big on me. While I hope I get to my goal, I'm not too worried about it as I feel like my body is changing for the better!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

White Dove
on 3/7/16 9:45 am - Warren, OH

I went on a low protein, high carb diet and lost 14 pounds in a month.  I was 16 months out and had not lost in months.  The carbs were mostly fresh fruit and some vegetables.  Still no bread, potatoes, cereal, rice, pasta, flour or sugar. 

Dr. Atkins recommended doing that for a break from high protein.  What he said is that you have to do one or the other.  If you go to high carbs for a while, then you stay low or no protein.  After a month I went back to low carb, high protein.  I still remember my first fruit salad of cantaloupe and fresh strawberries and my fresh pineapple.  I stayed in the range of 800 calories and drank a lot of water.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/16 2:23 pm

I buckled down and got tight about my eating. I upped protein and lowered carbs, kept calories at about 800 per day, pushed the water and exercised. It's what worked for me. Took me 2 months to lose around 12 pounds. 

I bet you can do it in 2 months if you really focus and keep your eating tight and on point. 

Sandra F.
on 3/8/16 6:02 am

I haven't seemed to be able to lose the last 15, so you and I are in the same boat.  I was anxiously awaiting the answers too.  Good luck to you.

Most Active