Baby's First Post-Op Question!

Cobini
on 4/15/16 6:13 pm
I'm so sorry that you've had such a rough go. I hope you get to feeling better. I agree with these other fine folks - do reach out to your doc. That's what they are there for. Keep us posted!
emelar
on 4/15/16 1:18 pm - TX

Call your doctor RIGHT NOW!  Given your complications, don't take anything for granted, and don't wait until it's the weekend.

You may be dehydrated.  Nausea is a symptom.  That's a pretty easy fix, but it needs to get taken care of.

On the gas, if you're living on SF popsicles, jello and protein drinks, the sugar alcohols are probably getting to you.  But it's more important that you stay hydrated right now.  A little gas hasn't killed anyone.

Darcy G.
on 4/15/16 10:25 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

At the ER getting labs and fluids. The fluids are helping already, so I expect the labs to come back OK, but they aren't going to let me leave until they're sure.

I need to come up with a way to get the darned fluids in. It's been so impossible...

Darcy G.
on 4/15/16 11:35 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Sending me back to Columbus to the hospital via ambulance. My white cell counts are very high and they're worried. So... Probably fine again for a few days. Hopefully not longer...

But I must admit... I'm worried.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/16/16 3:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope everything will be okay.  We are all rooting for you!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

timeforthis
on 4/16/16 7:31 am

thinking of you and sending strength/good thoughts to you....

hollykim
on 4/16/16 8:56 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 15, 2016 at 3:55 AM Pacific Time, Darcy G. wrote:

And it's one of those TMI questions...

Gas, man. Gas. Everything gives me gas--including water!!--and then immediately followed by diarrhea. I'm barely eating anything still (the only thing my tummy likes is sugar free jello and popsicles), so that aspect is tiny, but the gas is epic!

I know I didn't get to do walking after surgery to dispel it, but I just don't see how this (which only comes when I've put anything into my belly--water) could be that post surgery gas. Plus, I don't think I've had those gas pains. (Also, my body did some weird things to get rid of that immediately when I was able to stand up anyway.)

Ideas? Suggestions? Special rituals to appease Bob(ChilliDog to his friends)God of Unholy Gas Attacks? I've got to drive 2.5 hrs back to Columbus Monday for my post-op appointment... And right now the only idea for handling it involves adult diapers... (Ok, slight exaggeration there, I'd stop at every gas station first..)

no, it is not surgical gas. .It could be from all the sugar alcohols in the sugar free things you are eating

Darcy G.
on 4/17/16 3:17 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Hi y'all,

Don't remember what last update said, but here's another:

I went to my local ER for fluids due to dehydration,  they gave me fluids beer also ran a blood test. The blood test showed elevated white blood cell count, and with surgery so recent, Local-Dr called my surgeon's office. Hence my ambulance transfer back to the Columbus hospital.

After bunches of tests, they worked out what's wrong! I contacted a Hospital acquired infection (C-diff). Which was the reason for all the awful.

I'm being treated for it now but they're keeping me until they're sure it's under control enough for me not to get dehydrated again... Because I was that too.

The nausea is being helped by one of those motion sickness patches behind my ear, but not entirely. I'm getting fluid hung a couple times daily, along with an antibiotic every 8hrs. I'm a little better, but not ready to go yet this time. Not even sure I'll be ready tomorrow...

So that's the current. Trying not to accidentally infect someone else, and only mildly wigged that anyone who comes into my room has to garb up in a protective gown and gloves.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/19/16 3:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

OMG! What a tough time you've had!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

obioxiupa
on 4/19/16 10:27 am

Darcy!  Its too much!  Are you hanging in there?  By force of positive thinking, I hope to influence how things go from here on out, I'm sending more positive thoughts your way.

Take care...

Tara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views