what does it feel like

JP807
on 4/25/16 2:05 pm
VSG on 04/21/16

Anyone know or feel what your sleeve feels like or can gage how much it holds right away especially dealing with only liquids?  Having a hard time seeing or feeling my fullness with liquid because I constantly drink or sip all day!?????

Thanks

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/25/16 2:41 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

If your drinking rather slow you won't fill it up with liquid.  You might feel "full" if you gulp down quickly cause it'll back up a bit.  Your pylorus valve is slightly open all the time and then will pulse open now and again which drains into from your stomach to your intestines.  So like today I've been drinking on two 32oz teas and have not felt full.  Now I have gotten to where I feel "water saturated" like I don't need to drink anymore but if I wanted to keep it up I could. 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/25/16 2:46 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You will NOT feel any sort of fullness for at least a month. The nerves in your stomach have been cut and need to heal.

Before then, you'll need to judge how much to eat by weighing and measuring out portions. If you try to go by how your stomach feels, you're putting yourself at risk for blowing your staple line wide open.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Olive328
on 4/26/16 3:57 am
VSG on 04/05/16

Can you over drink water? Like could too much water cause harm to the sleeve? I'm having a hard time getting my water in because I'm not sure how to drink it after VSG.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/25/16 3:29 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I didn't feel any restriction until about five weeks post surgery.  The nerves in your stomach have been severed.  Now is the time to carefully weigh and measure everything you eat.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views